3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Looking for someone else who has roughly 30 pounds to lose

Old 05-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #151

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Hi There, I'm new and I saw this thread and thought I'd fit right in. I'm 5'2 and right at 163. After failed attempts on my own to get back to a healthier and more comfortable weight I went to a Medical Weight Loss Center. I started on phentermine yesterday along with diet and excercise I'm hoping to loose 30ish pounds and fit back into my size 4 jeans. This is the moment for me to get back into a healthier lifestyle.

I'd love to have a buddy for this journey so I don't get discouraged and be a weightloss drop out.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #152

S/C/G: 192/163/138

Height: 5'6"/5'7"

Welcome, Rachael!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #153
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!

Hey everyone! Today is much better than yesterday for me. After a 2 hr conversation with a girlfriend of mine (who is a million miles away) and a long talk and "ultimatum converstation" with my hubby, I feel much better. I am calling a marriage councelor today to set up an appointment. So thats good!

I had a session with my trainer yesterday morning (full body weight lifting and resistance) which was good, as always. Then work work work all day long (another day, another dollar). I ate pretty well. Then I went to the gym and ran 6 miles. Then home, biggest loser (lots of tears) and dinner. So! It was good.

Today I am gonna shoot for 8 miles tonight at the gym. Tomorrow morning I have a weigh/measure in! So that is exciting! I will check in to let you lovley ladies know how it goes! xoxoxo!

How is everyone else doing!?

Oh! I almost forgot.. I have an interview for a promotion at my job today (I work in Hospice at the local hospital here) Super exciting, yeah!?!

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.

-Martha Washington

My progress as of 4/2/2011: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ress-pics.html[/center]
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #154

Wendee,
Hey! Glad you're back and doing better.
Good luck with the promotion! That's awesome!

I'm still at 163.5 again. This is what happens. I'm naughty for a day or two every six months, and it takes me three weeks to get back where I was. You think I'd learn my lesson.

With life being on hold a bit until we get packed and settled, exercise has been difficult. Maybe next week will be a bit easier.

Breakfast today was Quaker Oatmeal squares and soy. Lunch and dinner will be a Subway veggie sandwich. =)

How are the newbies doing? What a quiet bunch.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #155

Hello! It's awesome to see so many people with the same goals that we can all work through together! My name is Sam and I'm 25 years old... I have more than 30 lbs to lose, but I have to start somewhere.

Nice meeting you all!
SammyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #156

Hi Sam!

Welcome aboard!

And where are some of the other regulars? Why has everyone gone MIA? lol

Sam, it's okay if you have more than 30 to lose! I started out with 50+ to lose. It's a long journey!
Congrats to you for joining!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #157
Make It Happen

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone,

I've fallen off the wagon so I'm in hiding for the moment.........to ashamed to show my face here...ate 1/2 block of chocolate yesterday....((
celine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #158
...Live.Your.Dream...

Oh Celine! its just one day. you've got plenty more to make up for it!

I just had a chocolate raspberry parfait.. even though the yogurt was non-fat, the chocolate, and gronola was not! so worth it!

Frenso- Thanks! My interview went great, so we will see where it takes me!

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.

-Martha Washington

My progress as of 4/2/2011: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ress-pics.html[/center]
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #159

S/C/G: 226/T/170

Height: 5'5

Hey SammyBee,

Great to have you here. I too want to lose considerably more than 30 pounds, but I figure doing it in 30 pound increments make the feat seem more manageable.

What other threads do you post in? What are you doing to lose weight? Gym? DVD's?
fluffyfashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine567 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've fallen off the wagon so I'm in hiding for the moment.........to ashamed to show my face here...ate 1/2 block of chocolate yesterday....((
Celine,

we all have have days like that, lol. the important thing is to get back on the wagon as soon as possible.

trust me as soon as PMS rolls around, i'll be off the wagon and the horse pulling it will be on top of me!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #161

Celine, I probably ate 2,500 calories....THREE days in a row. UGH!
It's so hard to stay motivated for so long. We'll make it, though!

Wendee, I'm glad it went well! You're awesome!

Have any of you considered going vegetarian/vegan a day or two per week? Just curious. It really helped me get over my last plateau. I was vegetarian for 15 years and am transitioning into veganism. I did it for animal rights reasons, but the weight loss was a nice bonus, so I thought I'd mention it.

Happy evening to all of you! I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #162
...Live.Your.Dream...

Fresno- I love ya girl.. but.. I love a good steak!!!
had a nice run, will be back in the AM!

-Martha Washington

Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #163

on April 24 a guy im dating left town for work. I made a promise to myself that i'd lose 10 pounds by the time he gets back (he'll be gone until May 23).

today i hit that goal. when he left i was 226, this morning i weighed 216.

i was trying to decide when my weigh day (weekly) would be. i think thursday is good. 1. because im very inspired and 2. because im doing Turbo Fire and its the first day after the weekly rest period which is wednesday.

i have to be honest. coming here and posting still makes me feel accountable even though we've never met in real life.

20 more pounds until i get that first 30 off. im taking it day by day. not beating myself up when i get loose with the calories which i did yesterday.

i went to mcdonalds for breakfast. i got a hasbrown and a southern style chicken sandwich. the thing is, since ive been eating properly, i ate half of the sandwich and threw the rest away. i did eat the whole hashbrown. i went to the mcdonalds website and researched the nutritional value. there was more fat in the stupid biscuit than the fried chicken or the hashbrown!!

i just laughed at myself, told myself it was ok and ate very sensibly for the rest of the day. the last time i lost considerable weight, i gave myself a cheat day. i find that a weekly day to "relax" my dieting keeps from just having a multi day bringe. i noticed that eating right during the week also keeps me from totally pigging out when cheat day rolls around. even though its cheat day, i still am able to pay attention to portions and felling full when im eating junk.

anywho, i'm hot and sweaty from the dvd i finished, lol. will check in later!

Last edited by fluffyfashionista : 05-12-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #164
Make It Happen

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'3

Fluffyfashionista, I like the philosophy of having a cheat day, it sounds good. the other 6 days wont feel like such an ordeal as there will always be that option to opt out for a day legitimately without the guilt. Might try it next week as already have had my cheat day(s) this week.
celine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #165
...Live.Your.Dream...

You know what I learned about cheat days (besides that they are awesome!) 1. They feel good. It feels good to "reward" yourself for eating well and staying on track!
2. Your "cheats" will get healthier and healthier. For example, my cheat days used to be going out to dinner and eat yummy "comfort" foods all day. Now a "cheat" for me is more like having chocolate chips in low fat yogurt with raspberries.

Cheat days are a good way to keep you on your diet, and going strong. May I suggest that your cheat day also be a day you do cardio, or at LEAST workout?!? Otherwise, your body stores the gunk. Working out the same day as a cheat will help maintain your loss. At least in my experience.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday! I had a weigh in this morning, and am meeting my goal of 2 pounds per week! Down 4 in the last 2! I posted a bit about it in the mini-goal album!

-Martha Washington

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.