Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Unhappy New and need guidance

I am 36. I really need and want to lose wieght so I dont die. I am at 330. This is the largest I have been in my life. I put on alot of weight in the last few months after my husband and I were in a motorcycle accident. He was more injured than I and I am still taking care of him and I have let myself go into a downward spiral. We also have have 5 kids. One is in collage, another graduates high school this year. Then one in high school and the other middle. i am always making sure they do what they need and thier lives are going smooth but my life is crumbling around me. I hate myself for the way I look right now. So that has put me in a depression, my husband is not a motivator and I do need that. I need direction..Can anyone point me in the right direction????
jrodeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/195/138

Height: 5' 7.5"

I gained my weight because I think I didn't have anyone to talk to. It sounds as though you are going through a lot of stuff. You can't do all of that by yourself. You should try to pour it out here if you don't have someone near home to help. I know what you are going through, that's why I gained forty pounds. Family health issues, marraige issues and no friends or support. Hang in there!
charie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #3  
Gym-Goer and Dancer

S/C/G: 200/165/145

Height: 5'9"

Welcome hun. I'm sure your family appreciates everything you do for them, and I'm sure they want you to be happy and healthy too. Putting yourself last isn't helping anyone so step one is to stop being a martyr and accept that YOU are worth a little time and effort. You made a great decision by signing up for 3FC - just stop by if you need some motivation or support etc.

Second step: If at all possible get checked out by a physician and ask advice about losing weight with any injuries from the accident, or any other health issues you may have. Then you can set a goal for yourself and start taking steps to make it happen.

Start small, get your heart rate up but don't burn yourself the first day! A daily walk is great and you could ask someone in your family to join you for company.

Best wishes to you!
Ana Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote