Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'8

Default Hello! :)

Hi, everyone. I just found this site, and I'm hoping that I can find a group to motivate and support me. I have an autonomic disorder called POTS, which means that pretty much every system in my body is messed up because my sympathetic nervous system doesn't keep things in check. My resting heart rate is 130, and if I just get up to go to the bathroom, it shoots to 180-190. This condition makes it very hard for me to exercise. I'm looking into joining a gym and just starting VERY SLOWLY. My health has caused me to really fall into a bad depression, and I sometimes just sit on the couch and wish that someone would make me work out, but I know that I have to do it...I've got to fix this myself. My husband is super skinny and does nothing, and it really bugs me. LOL

Anyway, I'm hoping that I can meet some people and start keeping journal or log with someone. I thought maybe the buddy system might help me, and I'd rather have a online buddy than a real-life buddy...out of embarrassment, honestly. I'm still having medical tests done to figure out exactly what's going on and whether or not I can have children. My husband and I had hoped to start trying this summer, but it looks like we'll have to wait.

I'm trying to stay positive, and hopefully I can get a lot of support on this site. So...nice to meet you all, and I hope I'll get to know you all soon!
MR12584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi I'm new too. Can I just say good luck. There seems to be alot of people who are willing to help and share their advice on this site, so you're in the right place!

All the best.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Try to find a YMCA or club with a swimming pool. Start by walking in the shallow end, then try a seniors workout class. Eventually you should be able to get to an aerobics class............great low or no-impact workout.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote