Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #1  
Drink water!

S/C/G: 218/211/170

Height: 5'5

Question I am going to take this serious....

Good Evening everyone.
I am thinking that I finally need to take this losing weight thing serious. I would love advise for some realistic things to do during the first 7 days of what do I call this? Exercising? Dieting? I dunno? I have been ignoring the scale going up and feel pretty shocked tonight to find myself at 218lbs. My fear is next month I will be at 228 if something doesn’t change. I am in my 30’s and starting gaining weight in my mid 20’s ( I was 110lbs then) and I just keeping growing it seems each year.
I am going to really push myself this week. I am planning on setting my goal just a week at a time because I always start and stop too much. I would appreciate any advice for the 1st week of losing weight for someone who has lost weight and been thru this already. My goals the next 7 days are to exercise early in the morning to get the day started right by walking or riding my bike. I plan on having the same strict meal for the next 7 days with no exceptions which is going to be Cheerios, milk, strawberries for breakfast, Lean Cuisine for Lunch and dinner. Unlimited salad and fruit for snacks. Water to drink all day no juice or soda.
So that is my big plan so far other than that I have no idea what to do. I wish everyone else luck!
Kimberlea

Last edited by Ritchey; 03-19-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #2  
Noobie xD

S/C/G: 185/185/132

Height: 5'3

hi welcome to 3FC!
wish u the best in ur goals! <3
D O L L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #3  

Hello and welcome! I am new here also but so far I am really enjoying it. Lots of people here seem open and interactive. Its a great environment!

Everyone has to do things in their own way and find what works for them. I, personally, never had much luck with things like frozen diet meals. I think its because I know that I won't eat things like that for the rest of my life. I have to change my actual lifestyle and make better food choices. I have learned through the ups and downs of roller coaster weight gain and loss that "going on a diet" isn't very beneficial to me because its nearly impossible for me to maintain once I've lost the weight. So far I'm finding that changing my behavior and lifestyle and food choices is working out better. But my way certainly isn't right for everyone. Each of us has to find what is best for ourselves.
RiverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #4  
Drink water!

Thank you Doll and Riverwind! I am enjoying reading about some of different people’s experiences. I am just starting out. I am trying to use caloriecount.com and 3fc together. I have been overweight for about 10 years now. Just when I think to myself that I could not weigh anymore and have reached my limit. I find a few more pounds on the scale. TFC seems to be a very good online support system. I choose to try eating Lean Cuisine for Lunch and dinner because I am just not in control of portion sizes. I have a serious problem of saying no to food and find the rest of my family eating large amounts of food but it does not affect them the same. They stay skinny. I just feel like I need one week ( short term goal) of being strict. So far, so good. I have lost a couple pounds on the scale so we will see if it keeps going. Does anybody else have trouble staying motivated?
218/214/170
Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Ritchey! New here too and have spent hours upon hours reading. I used a couple of the grocery lists I found on here and just made the dreaded trip to the store. I don't really feel too prepared for the week because I don't have a plan but I have the food! I am trying to use calorie counter too and found it a great site too! Good luck and keep us posted!
sz12wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/248/150

Height: 5"9

Welcome
I find in the beginning losing weight is about changing your mindset, you need to do it for the right reasons and figure out a plan that works for you. Just stay positive and you will be surprised what you can accomplish.
This is my first time I've ever really tried to lose weight and I WILL NOT FAIL! haha. I spent weeks researching and learning about nutrition and fitness before I even started my plan.

Good luck to you all

" Sucess is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out"
fancypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #7  
Drink water!

Thank you sz12wannabe and fancypants! I will definitely check out the grocery list. I too have been studying nutrition on my own for over a year now and decided that calorie counting would be the best route for me to go. I am hoping to stay motivated thru 3fc because I always lack in that area. It is shocking to see how much I have been over eating in the past. I am going to make some serious changes to my portions and am pleasantly surprised I have already lost 5lbs! Woohoo!
Good Luck!
Kimberlea
218/212/170