Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Default Hi, new here

Well today has been a big day for me, not only did i join 3fc but I also had my first workout at the gym. I have been lurking around here and the gym {watching people go in and out} for a few months trying to work up the courage to take that first step. Joining 3fc's wasn't to hard, but walking my 275 lb. behine into that gym was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I was shaking and on the verge of tears while filling out the papers. The lady was really nice and she showed me around and game me a workout to follow. I felt really good after i finished the workout. Part of me was worryed that i wouldn't be able to do it, but i did fine.
I can't believe i've let myself get this heavy, but I am. And I know I have to do something about it. NO MORE PUTTING OFF. I am married with 3 kids. The youngest is only 4, and I want to be around to take care of him. I want to be around to spoil my grandkids.
I take care of, and worry about alot of people, but today I have made the first step to taking care of me!

Last edited by cajun moma; 09-28-2011 at 12:00 PM.
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #2  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Hi, Cajun!

With your name, I'm guessing you come from the same neck of the woods as I do (NOLA born and raised here). I'm convinced that those of us down here on the South Coast have a tougher time with gaining weight just because everything tastes so goo-o-o-o-o-od!

Good for you for getting a gym membership--use it and be proud! Not only will you feel terrific about your improving health, but you'll be an example for others when they see what you can accomplish.

What's your plan for your food, if you have one? I'm doing calorie counting specifically because I feel I might die if I never got to eat jambalaya again because of its carb content.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello Cajun!

I think you'll just love 3FC and the gym!!! Never thought you'd say that? Me either! It definitely gets you feeling good about yourself and you'll be getting healthy in the meantime. Taking the first steps are the hardest. Glad you're here!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Thanks for the nice welcome NOLA Celeste and Lindsey. Yes, Lindsey the first steps are very hard, but i proud i'm finally making them. Nola celeste I am going to try to count calories and choose healty carbs when i can. I have tryed low carb. in the past but its just to hard around here. Especially when i have to cook for the rest of my family. They love jambalaya, and it is hard to resist!
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote