Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Yes I can...I think??

I have spent days reading through the many wonderful posts and have debated whether I have the "guts" to join...and have many battles, I have finally found the courage to join.

Here's my story:
I have, until this past (until June 2010), led a very active lifestyle and maintained a healthy weight. I had in the past always turned to working out as a form of my stress release (I am a cert. spin instructor believe it or not, and have entered many running races)...but then something happened...don't know what exactly (maybe depression??) but slowly and gradually I replaced working out with eating...binging to be exact. And over the past nine months, I have packed on whopping 45 to 50 pounds. I have completely given up on working out and have disassociated myself with my gym connects for spin classes. The thought of teaching a class today is very anxiety provoking. I have had very little interest or motivation to lose the weight...even though I have become socially reclusive and avoid all friends (I am embarrased over the weight gain)

But now, I'm at a point with the nice weather coming along to begin my journey to battle of the bulge. I will be following a low carb high protein diet with exercise on a daily basis (1 hour). I have read sooo many books, articles, etc on weight loss that at some point earlier, I was so confused with all the mesasges on how to eat, when to eat, food combo, etc...it has been simply insanity for me with all the materials out there on weight loss. The bottom line, it comes down to caloric intake vs caloric burn.

I welcome all the support, encouragement and feedback. Thank you kindly.
Freedom One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to another Canadian. Snoop around, decide where you belong and come on in!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #3  

Hi Ruth, thank you kindly; I'm from Toronto. Nice work on your wt loss so far!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to say welcome! I'm new here too, and from browsing the forum, it looks like it's a great place for support. Good luck with your weight loss!
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #5  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Oh you ARE SO FOR OUR GROUP!!! Check us out! We've even got a guy or two in the mix.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html

Sarge
JayTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/267.4/240 (mini)

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom One View Post
I have, until this past (until June 2010), led a very active lifestyle and maintained a healthy weight...but then something happened...don't know what exactly (maybe depression??) but slowly and gradually I replaced working out with eating...binging to be exact...the thought of teaching a class today is very anxiety provoking. I have had very little interest or motivation to lose the weight...even though I have become socially reclusive and avoid all friends (I am embarrased over the weight gain)
Well hello, fellow newbie. I am concerned , actually, for you. You mention you've been active and fit your whole life and now you're binging and being reclusive. This is a MAJOR change from your normal behaviour. I'm going to suggest that you visit with your doctor and tell them exactly what you've told us as well.

I suffer from major clinical depression. It does NOT go away on its own. Also, there may be other physical issues going on that you may not be aware of.

Don't replace medical care with this forum. I would see your doctor right away along with getting great support here. Good luck!
MaeveAlleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #7  

Hi MaeveAlleine, Yes you are correct. I have been diagnosed with depression and receiving treatment at this time. Thank you kindly for your concern. Cheers
Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/267.4/240 (mini)

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom One View Post
Hi MaeveAlleine, Yes you are correct. I have been diagnosed with depression and receiving treatment at this time. Thank you kindly for your concern. Cheers
Awesome! Good luck on your journey back to happiness and movement
MaeveAlleine is offline   Reply With Quote