Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #1  
--Alex--

S/C/G: 223/ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking A 2nd time newbie

So, I've done this before. But I fell off the bandwagon a few months ago, and in attempt to get back up and started again I figured I'd update my information on here and start anew! Hopefully I will be a little more active on these boards as well

So a little bit of a background on my previous attempt and little "hiatus" I had there. I started at 212lbs and dropped down to 174lbs in 4ish months. I was extremely excited, proud of myself and I thought I was totally willing to go the rest of the way to my 140lb goal. Unfortunately, as I started my second year of University I found myself slumping back to my old ways. I know that I am a stress eater, but it hasn't been until lately that I've acknowledged that fact. On that note, I'm going to try and stop my cravings at the source, and find more productive ways of getting through my stress. It could be going for a run, or it could be settling in for a couple of hours of hardcore gaming. The first would obviously be preferable and better for me, but hey, gotta do what I gotta do.

Late last week I decided that I was fed up with feeling like I had let myself down and I wanted to do it again. This time I have my roommate involved! It's great to have a buddy again, as part of my loss of motivation came from the fact that I was no longer living with my aunt who was going on the same journey as I was. So today is day one, and I'm feeling confident. It was especially helpful when I stepped on the scale today for the first time in months and was actually pleasantly surprised by the results. It still isn't good that I've gone from 174lbs back up to 192lbs, but I was honestly expecting to be closer to if not over 212lbs again.

I am lucky in starting over with a lot of support. Like I said, my roommate is starting along side me, but I also have plenty of support from family members and other friends. I have been dating a guy since September, and he has been nothing but supportive and encouraging in my decision to start the process again. We had a good talk last night about my expectations from myself and from him when dealing with this, and he is so understanding that it sort of baffles me. I haven't experienced something quite like that before, and it has me excited for myself and for my relationship.

I decided to set my ticker to my new start weight and delete the old information, mostly because I want to see this as a new, clean slate to start from. This doesn't mean that I've forgotten my failures, I have simply just tried to put them in a positive light and not let them affect my new approach.

I am proud of myself for making this decision and I have complete faith in my ability to do this! It feels good.
duckygirl is offline   Reply With Quote