I am going to make this happen.

• Good morning I have been "thinking about" losing weight for a long time but never really got off my duff to do something about it. Of course there have been half-hearted attempts over the years, but nothing long term.

I signed myself and my 7-year-old son (who is at a healthy weight) up for a 4-mile run/walk with some coworkers in May. I had heard of C25K and decided that we would use that as our training plan. I am so glad that my son is old enough to come with me. I am a single mom and always used it as an excuse. If he doesn't feel like walking, he brings his scooter.

I haven't been able to do even the first day of C25K as written yet, but I am working on the walking, and can do every other jogging interval. We have done 5 walks over the last 10 days and I am feeling really good. I am learning to listen to my body and stop and stretch when I need to, and enjoying the gorgeous weather we have been having.

I know the next step is to change my diet and I am here for support. Cookies are my downfall (and yet I keep buying them). I hope to learn a lot and get through this with your help!

Juliana
  • Welcome Juliana! I think the run/walk is a great idea! Just push through and keep training!