Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default 52 diets 52 weeks

Hi there,

I'm now 2 months into a weight loss challenge i set myself - 52 diets in 52 weeks. Not sure it's working fantastically as so far only 6.5 lbs down... around one and a half stone left to lose... but at least it's interesting each week.

I'm getting married next year so wanted to lose the weight in advance so i didn't have mad rush panic.

Anyway, never been on a forum before today but thought i'd see if anyone had any diet suggestions for one week, or perhaps some tips for not cheating!
pennye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome Pennye, Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 03-03-2011 at 06:39 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

What is 52 diets in 52 weeks? Do you follow a different plan each week?
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #4  

yes exactly that - a different diet every week. So far I've done all sorts - the viking diet, the jack lalanne diet... the eat every 13 minutes diet! This week I'm on the hay diet... which contrary to my initial thoughts has nothing to do with farms. It definitely keeps it interesting! I'm keeping a blog on it as well as I thought that would make it harder too cheat to... instead it's just like a catalogue of my failure... although has helped a bit! I would post a link but I can't yet as I'm such a new member.

Part of me would like to just stop and do one diet now, but I feel I should finish what I started.... (although wish i had never started it!)

What diets are you on at the moment?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Interesting, I would love to read your blog. What is the address?

I started off doing WW, but switched to calorie counting when WW changed their points system.

I guess I wouldn't really call calorie counting a "diet" I just keep my calories within 1200 - 1500 per day. It's great for me because I can have anything I want, it just has to fit in that calorie range. And I make much healthier choices because I can eat more that way!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #6  

Unfortunately i can't post a link as i've not been using this forum for long enough - you have to have done 25 posts before it lets you. But if you put fiftytwodietsfiftytwoweeks into google it comes up. Think I'm going to give good old fashioned calorie counting a go at some point... next week i'm doing dukan though which is meant to be very effective. Fingers crossed it is anyway!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 AM   #7  

Just updated the blog with my experience of the hay diet - a fab diet... but unfortunately due to circumstances could only stick to it for 4 out of 7 days so didn't actually shift any weight. Would recommend it though as I reckon I would have lost weight on it. And your allowed beer??? (in moderation!)
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #8  

Height: 67.7

Hi Pennye

Welcome to the forum. You are sure to find the support you need here.

Why don't you just follow one healthy diet/eating plan from now on?

It sounds much healthier than what you are planning to do.

Fad diets are never a good idea and it is unadvised that you stay on fad diets for more than 10 days at a time, not even to mention 52 days.

It's almost like being a human test subject for different diets. You are sure to have adverse side effects and it can affect your health.

I've recently joined weight watchers and so fat it's being great. It already feels like I've lost (even though I've only being on it for 5 days.

WW's encourages healthy eating and helps you to still incorporate cheat meals or sweets into your diet. And the weekly meetings keeps you accountable.

I think it's much better to eat healthy and balanced and to allow yourself some treats than to be a slave to fad diets.

Good luck with your weight loss!

Last edited by Suzie Parker; 03-08-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #9  

In an ideal world I think I would just stick to one plan - but I've started this now.. and whilst I may occasionally be a cheater, i'm not a quitter. I want to see it through..

I am trying to favour heathier diets though rather than always the fad ones .. so will be doing weight watchers and slimmers world etc. I will dabble in some of the more extreme fad ones, but mainly for comparison. I'm trying hard to still have a relatively balanced diet. Also some weeks I'm going to try things like the freegan diet - where you try and eat for free for the week and live off the land, and the 100 mile diet where you can only eat things produced within 100 miles of you home. So it won't all be cabbage soup and maple syrup diets...

Like I said I am enjoying it in some ways it's just a bit annoying not to stick to a diet once you find one you like, and 3lbs down already this week on dukan!

Pen
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #10  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi and Welcome to 3FC

52 diets in 52 weeks?? That is a very interesting concept...

Last edited by L R K; 03-10-2011 at 04:52 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #11  

It's an interesting concept some days... an annoying one others. Doing a different diet every week can get a tad intrusive n your life! But enjoying it this week... the dukan diet and me work well together. I would post the link to my blog so you could see how i've been getting on (although inability to stick at diets makes that a bit embarassing...) but also I can't post links yet. If you do want to read it though google fiftytwodietsfiftytwoweeks and it pops straight up. Also still open to any recommendations for the next one! At the moment am stuck on what to do next week... I am going away for the weekend to stay with the in-laws so it has to be one that's easy to do without causing stress for others! x
Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #12  

Had a terrible this week - just couldn't stick to my diet as was staying with my in-laws. I just can't turn down the offers of food from fear of feeling rude. This week I'm trying atkins - any tips?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #13  

It seems to me that it would be both healthier and safer to maintain a consistent healthy eating lifestyle rather than putting your body through abrupt nutritional changes every week. By only staying on any particular "diet" for a week, you aren't even allowing your body an adjustment period to adapt to it. Additionally, even if you do lose weight, maintaining it would be infinitely harder than it would be if you had reasonable and consistent eating habits. To me, losing weight and being healthy needs to be incorporated into my daily life. Changing diets every week would consume so much of my mental and emotional energy that it would distract me from a lot of my regular daily activities and responsibilities.
RiverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/248/150

Height: 5"9

It's hard enough sticking to one diet!!! lol
Good luck to you!
fancypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

I agree with everything that has been said before. Changing your diet plan every week means you're never giving yourself long enough to adjust to the plan. I think if you want to lose weight for your wedding, then just choose one diet plan. I know its interesting to experiment like this, but you won't thank yourself when the year is up. You'll do better with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote