Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #1  
I'm not afraid of scales!

S/C/G: 85.3/ticker/56 kgs

Height: 1.57 m / 5'2''

Post New girl here! This is my introduction/rambling/the sotry of my weight life! xD

Well, hi there!
I'm Rita, I'm 18 and I live in Portugal. I'm pretty sure eating my feelings isn't something I should do, so, when I found this amazing site yesterday, I thought "wow, now this is something that could really help me, maybe I'll go on a diet again and stop eating.."
'cause the thing is: I feel big and that makes me sad, so I eat, due tot the sadness.. but eating (what I do eat as comfort food) only makes me bigger, so it's a never ending story -_-''

All my life, and I really do mean ALL my life (which isn't much considering I'm only 18, but bear with me) I've been told "you're too fat, Rita, you need to lose weight". C'mon, what kind of mother or grandmother does that to a 6 or 7 year old girl? It's bad enough to be the only not-skinny girl in class!
When I was 11/12, can't remember, Mother took me to see a nutricionist, he was supposed to make me lose weight and he did. The thing is, when I finally reached the weight I NOW want to have (I didn't grow that much since then... I'm a petite girl, barely 5'2'') Mother, Grandmother and the damn doctor still wanted me to lose more. Well, guess what? I couldn't, probably due to genetics. My nana from my dad's side is a large woman (well, wide at least, she is only 5'), as was her entire family and so is my father.
When I look back now I think "man, if only they had praised me instead of saying "WORK HARDER!", if only.."
A year ago my life was on a down low.. On May 19th 2010 I attempted suicide, or it was just my way of crying out loud, I don't know. I went to a therapist, but it really wasn't my thing.. My problem's name is Mother and it won't go away, EVER! I know, I know, this sounds like a stupid teen rambling, but... It sucks to be told all your life that you're less than everyone else just because your body doesn't look as "it should".
Anyway, my "not-yet-confirmed-depression-begining" was the final straw, I think I've been gaining weight since then..

Through out my childhood years I found out I eat my feelings. It somehow soothes me, food, ya know?

Baaaaah, soo sooo sorry for the ginourmous rambling :x
Love,
Rii
RiiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252\168

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiiC View Post
Well, hi there!
I'm Rita, I'm 18 and I live in Portugal. I'm pretty sure eating my feelings isn't something I should do, so, when I found this amazing site yesterday, I thought "wow, now this is something that could really help me, maybe I'll go on a diet again and stop eating.."
'cause the thing is: I feel big and that makes me sad, so I eat, due tot the sadness.. but eating (what I do eat as comfort food) only makes me bigger, so it's a never ending story -_-''

All my life, and I really do mean ALL my life (which isn't much considering I'm only 18, but bear with me) I've been told "you're too fat, Rita, you need to lose weight". C'mon, what kind of mother or grandmother does that to a 6 or 7 year old girl? It's bad enough to be the only not-skinny girl in class!
When I was 11/12, can't remember, Mother took me to see a nutricionist, he was supposed to make me lose weight and he did. The thing is, when I finally reached the weight I NOW want to have (I didn't grow that much since then... I'm a petite girl, barely 5'2'') Mother, Grandmother and the damn doctor still wanted me to lose more. Well, guess what? I couldn't, probably due to genetics. My nana from my dad's side is a large woman (well, wide at least, she is only 5'), as was her entire family and so is my father.
When I look back now I think "man, if only they had praised me instead of saying "WORK HARDER!", if only.."
A year ago my life was on a down low.. On May 19th 2010 I attempted suicide, or it was just my way of crying out loud, I don't know. I went to a therapist, but it really wasn't my thing.. My problem's name is Mother and it won't go away, EVER! I know, I know, this sounds like a stupid teen rambling, but... It sucks to be told all your life that you're less than everyone else just because your body doesn't look as "it should".
Anyway, my "not-yet-confirmed-depression-begining" was the final straw, I think I've been gaining weight since then..

Through out my childhood years I found out I eat my feelings. It somehow soothes me, food, ya know?

Baaaaah, soo sooo sorry for the ginourmous rambling :x
Love,
Rii
hi..wow so great that you have decided to come on 3fc...have you thught about writing a blog.as we sound similar..so i have started writing one,feel free to take a look,just type in ming to bling...or i think its on the side underneath my name...somewhere around here <<<<<<
anyway my names sam..and im also a newbie..hey! xx
alkiepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #3  
I'm not afraid of scales!

S/C/G: 85.3/ticker/56 kgs

Height: 1.57 m / 5'2''

Hi sam! thanks for the suggestion^^
I was thinking of getting the 3fc blog but wasn't too sure, 'cause I already have other 2 blogs xD I'll go and check your blog (:

oh, and welcome to 3fc eheh
RiiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252\168

Height: 5'6

hehe thank you,from one newbie to another x
alkiepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #5  

Welcome <3
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome Rita, Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote