Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default Returning to 3 Fat Chicks!

My name is Julie, and I live in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. Some years ago I had registered here -- forgot my user name & password until I looked them up on a list I had made of interesting websites to visit. Lo & behold, there was the information I needed! What a great group here at this site.

Long story short -- and maybe some of you have seen the post I made in the thread with Jenny Craig, N/S & Diet To Go -- in December I went to see my doctor for a routine visit with blood work & u/a. The bloodwork showed elevated glucose levels that were diagnostic for diabetes, as well as slightly elevated liver enzymes (because I'm fat at 282). Well, I got the lecture that the doctor was giving me 3 months in which to try bringing the levels down and if nothing changed, she was going to put me on medication for diabetes. I honestly cannot afford to be on one more medication. I am currently taking 2 medications for high blood pressure (BenicarHCT & amlodipine). I asked her what I could do to start bringing the levels down, immediately I was told diet & exercise (ya think??).

My goal weight is 145 - 155. Slowly trying to make changes like with the Diet To Go program, walking 1/4 mile (1 lap) on my treadmill and drinking 1 liter of water a day. Slow & steady wins the race.

Cheers,

Julie

Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Julie, Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome back to 3FC! You have a great reason to lose weight, and you sound seriously motivated about doing what it takes! Please stay around and post and be as active as you can. A support group makes all the difference!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/333/250

Height: 5'10

WELCOME
shutterbug35 is offline   Reply With Quote