Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Default My first day here

I registered this morning after reading the forums for the past few days. I have lost 14 pounds since November by counting calories, exercising daily and trying to eat protein and fiber together in mini-meals. My problem is I like to drink beer and wine, and when I do, it is always to excess, then I binge eat anything and everything. At this point I go about 5-6-7-8 days without drinking, then either go out with friends, or think I can have one or two drinks at home. But, I never can. I will drink the entire bottle of wine or six-pack of beer, then start the eating.

I have looked through many posts, but have not seen any similar to mine. I know that this is what is impeding my weight loss progress. Is anyone else dealing with this?
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Well I'll be Darned!!!. There is someone out there that is just like me.But mine is a little different I drink mine everyday about 4/6 cans a day. I do weight watchers and always seem to be able to add those in on my daily points.One thing I have learned is to make your dinner before you drink, that way I don't get carried away with the eating after.
Will look froward to your next post.Maybe we can help each other.
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

Welcome Congrats on your 14 pound loss.
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #4  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I love me some wine! BUT, you can really drink up the calories. I use to always buy a bottle of wine to have on hand. What made me stop was when I looked at the calorie content and how much I consumed. If you dont watch, u can drink up an entire meal's worth of calories. So my solution was to not buy it. If i can't get to it, then I wont drink it.

As far as friends, I had a talk with them and told them about what im doing and the weight loss journey. If they are your TRUE friends then they will not try to entice u with alcohol, since its a weakness. If they dont comply and continue to drink around u, then u need to pull away. Drinking is fun, but my health and well-being is FAR more important!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/188/140

Height: 5'7

I'm right next to ya! I had actually lost 55 lbs before I befriended a new group of people and it all went downhill from there! I wish my " binge drinking" was a six pack of beer! I was drinking around 15 beers a night + a few mixed drinks/ shots.... OH around 3 times a week, every week... Not that I didn't drink before I met them, I just wasnt drinking to that extreme. Needless to say I gained back around 25lbs in the few months I was hanging out with them. Although I never did the drink and then eat a lot of bad food thing I usually just passed out lol.
I decided about 3 weeks ago, that I just needed to stop! SO I've stopped! I don't think its the drinking I miss either, I think its the company that I miss. But I realized that I have to do this for me! And I didn't bust my *** to gain all that weight back over night! I still talk to my friends but I don't allow them to persuade me to go out. I tell them if they wanna see me its going to be sober! I believe if this is something you really want to do! You can do it!

I am however allowing myself to drink on holidays and special occasions so I don't feel totally deprived and it gives me a little something to look forward to!
caitylynnxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I have been trying to average 1500 calories a day with at least one hour of exercise. The lowest calorie count is about 1000; the highest is 2500+ if I drink and then binge eat.

I have always struggled with weight, but was a size 8, 10, 12, 14 on and on, through the years. I gained a huge amount of weight and was up to 202 when the style was stretchy stirrup pants and long (forgiving) sweaters. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I ignored the weight gain because that was my standard outfit. Now I will always wear pants or jeans with zippers that will let me know.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/164/145

Height: 5'6

I have had that mistake too. Don't fool yourself with stretchy clothes.
rkreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #8  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 178.8/165.4/145.0

Height: 5'9"

Yoga pants when at home are my favorite. I try on my jeans when I plan to be home most of the day - crazy, perhaps, but it gives me incentive to get back into the jeans I want to someday! :-)
Tigtan is offline   Reply With Quote