Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225.4 / 202.4 / 150

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

Smile Another fat chick... for now. :)

Hi, my name is Karissa

I'm 21, 5'2, and as of 01/08/10 I weighed in at 225.4 lbs.

Goal: 150 lbs. (-75 lbs. Ouch!)

I'm doing a high protein, low-fat, low-medium carb. diet. I aim for an average weekly intake of:

1050 calories per day.
100 g protein ( 4 calories / g )
38 g fat ( 9 calories / g )
77 g carbs ( 4 / g )

I'm going to set up a blog logging my intake, do some pictures of my food, post recipes I really like, and try to find diet buddies! I'll be posting some body pictures, which are always cringe worthy, but I really appreciate others who do so as well.
k225to150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #2  
*>Naomi<*

S/C/G: 238/238/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey lady, I'm from SC and new to this site...

But welcome!! I'm 5'7 and 238....the holidays contributed 5lbs to that!! I had been following Weight Watchers but feel like I need to find something else, as it wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. Either way, good luck
MsNaomiSchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Hello and welcome!! I don't want to be rude but you may want to consider eating just a little bit more. You're going pretty low already and you don't have anywhere to go once you've lost weight. What made you choose 1050 for your average?
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNaomiSchey View Post
But welcome!! I'm 5'7 and 238....the holidays contributed 5lbs to that!! I had been following Weight Watchers but feel like I need to find something else, as it wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. Either way, good luck
Oh, Weight Watchers. I've participated in WW since I was 10, right up until I left for college, and it really didn't do me much good. I never lost more than 10 lbs, and it just wasn't for me, either. I feel your pain! Good luck in finding something that works. Here's to hoping this works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonsBaby View Post
Hello and welcome!! I don't want to be rude but you may want to consider eating just a little bit more. You're going pretty low already and you don't have anywhere to go once you've lost weight. What made you choose 1050 for your average?
I've dabbled in VCLD's (very low calorie diets) that typically range from 500-800 calories per day, but always failed. It is too intense to start out that way , at least for me!

1050 is a little less extreme, however, very manageable for me (so far, so good...). It seemed less scary than starting at 1000! I'm eating at a deficit basically of 700 calories per day. 3,500 calories = 1 lb, which should result in a 1 lb. weight loss every 5 days.

Low calorie diets that hit your macro requirements are fine as long as you're doing it under supervision (which I am), and taking the appropriate suppliments. I have "re-feed" days where I'll eat slightly above maintenance (about 1,800 calories) and carb-load, so my glycogen stores can reset and metabolism doesn't slow too much further.

So, basically, I'll decrease my average weekly intake by 25 calories until I hit around the 800 calorie / day mark. As I lose weight, I'll have to adjust to my deficit to keep losing weight! It's not as unhealthy as it appears.

I'm doing light cardio, and some intermediate weight training twice a week, in case anyone was wondering. Of course, I eat more on those days!

Last edited by k225to150; 01-10-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Eh, well, I'm just not a fan of the super low calorie diets. From my own experience it messes with the brain in a big way. At any rate, good luck.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #6  
mandagrl

S/C/G: 268.4/248/199

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Welcome! Good luck on your journey!!
mandagrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/157/110

Height: 5'3"

I'll be your diet buddy! I'm 33 years old, 5'3" and 157.5 pounds (today). Today is Day One for me, and I'm starting with the induction phase of Atkins instead of trying to count calories. I'll be watching your blog! Are you incorporating any exercise into your plan? That's what I'm most concerned about sticking with.
Jen Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #8  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pink View Post
I'll be your diet buddy! I'm 33 years old, 5'3" and 157.5 pounds (today). Today is Day One for me, and I'm starting with the induction phase of Atkins instead of trying to count calories. I'll be watching your blog! Are you incorporating any exercise into your plan? That's what I'm most concerned about sticking with.
I'm going to be doing light cardio twice a week along with some weight training twice a week. I'm a senior Biology major so I spend an incredible amount of time studying and I've got some very time-consuming course work this semester.

I would love to be your diet buddy! I'm working on setting up my blog right now so I can post my food logs from the past three days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonsBaby View Post
Eh, well, I'm just not a fan of the super low calorie diets. From my own experience it messes with the brain in a big way. At any rate, good luck.
I hope I don't have that experience, but I'm less worried about that with the days that I get to eat more and carb-up. If I can't handle it, I'll definitely seek out something else. If it doesn't work, it's not an end-all for me. But really, so far so good. I'm not hungry, I feel good, and the scale says I'm losing.

And everyone else, thanks and good luck to you too!

Last edited by k225to150; 01-11-2011 at 05:58 PM.