Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #1  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Default Another newbie! :)

I wanted to stop by and introduce myself quickly before I start browsing the forums! I'm Jamie, I'm 26 and am desperately needing to lose weight. At this point, at my heaviest ever, it's definitely a NEED and not a WANT anymore- my health depends on this!

I have a 19 month old son and two older "soon to be" kids, who are 5 and 6. I am helping my boyfriend raise them while he is away with the military. I've been wanting to start dieting/exercising for months but always found a good excuse to not do it. Today my boyfriend left for a month, so I figure there is no time better than now. It gives me a lot more motivation, I want him to be proud when he comes home and he sees what I've done for myself.

My current weight is 210lbs... my HEAVIEST. I was only 204 when I gave birth to my son in 2009! This past summer I was only 190ish, so I put on 20 pounds in only a few months. My goal weight is around 150. I wouldn't mind being 140, but I'm not going to push that yet! Little goals first! (My height is 5'7")

In terms of dieting, I plan to start "slowly" so I don't deprive myself. I would like to cut a lot of carbs out, no sodas, sugars, fast foods. I should be taking Metformin for some health reasons and typically do not... I will be restarting my medicine today, and that should help regulate my metabolism a little and help with weight loss. I also have a special Vitamin pack that my boyfriend got for me from the GNC store. It's for women, but not really meant to aide weight loss.

Lets see how this goes! I'm excited!!!! Good luck to everyone!
linalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #2  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hi! I'm new too, and actually in your neighboring state (MD).
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #3  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey Jamie

Starting slowly is a great idea. Take your time and see what works best for you to get where you'd like to be. Keep positive and stick with it -- the rest will come easy!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

We have a very active forum for carb counters here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/
You might also be interested in reading up on our diabetic folks
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/

Jump in! We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote