Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Hiya

Hello. I'm 35 years old and a SAHM with 3 sons. I would like to lose about 35 lbs. A big problem I have is portion control and not wanting to waste food. So not only do I clear my plate, but if my kids have extra tasty things like french fries left over, well, I might pick at those too.

It won't be too hard for me to give up soda, ice cream, and alcohol since I've done that before. But I am addicted to Arizona Green Tea. So substituting water for that might be a bit hard for me. Another thing, I snack a lot, on junk.

I have a gym membership, and I go twice a week, but I honestly don't push myself at all. I also do roller derby, but I'm not yet a rollergirl. We have practice twice a week where I do break a sweat, but I think I need to be in better shape to do a better job there.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!
Sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/248/170

Height: 5'7"

I have portion control problems too. I think it comes from the good old days when your mother tells you to eat everything on your plate. I am new to this site too. Glad to see that you are here.

I have a problem with coca-cola, I drink way too much. If you like Arizona Green tea, I would like to share that I have always thought that the Diet Arizona Green Tea tastes better and doesn't have that nasty diet flavor. I swear by it. I know that when I stop drinking soda that the diet green tea (has to be Arizona) has helped me.
Try it. You may be surprised if you haven't tried it before.
poetgirl1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the tip with the Diet Arizona tea. I've seen it at the store, but never even thought to try it. I will probably give it a try to help wean me off it, haha.

I also have a problem with soda when it's around. I basically have to tell my husband we aren't allowed to buy it anymore. Last time I cut soda and ice cream from my diet I lost 5 lbs.

Nice to meet you!
Sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #4  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! Portion control is a key, and a big problem for me too! I had to completely eliminate soda for a long time to I could think about it clearly. Whether you cut it or cold turkey, slowly ween yourself, or decide to keep it; you have to give yourself to distance so you can think about it clearly.

What I am learning, is that the problem is the mindless portions. The catch is to stop yourself long enough to think about it, then hopefully make a decision based on logic, not reflex. I thought I was learning, but clearly, after Christmas, then this past week, it is something that still needs to be drilled home.
Hang in there. You have come to a great site for support and encouragement . Looking forward to hearing your progress!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote