Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #1  

Default New to the site

Well, where to start... I have been on the heavy side my whole life at the end of high school I weighed 225 easy. And at 23 I got pregnant with my first daughter.. And things didn't work out with her dad and I started getting depressed and the weight just seem to keep piling on now I am not saying that is wasn't my fault and yes I have a HUGE and I mean HUGE SWEET TOOTH... And I am trying to get that under control. I met my husband online 5 years ago and we got married 3 years ago and had a daughter who is 2. I also have 2 step sons who I love with all my heart.. My husband knew I was over weight when we met and God love him, HE LOVES ME.. So here I am 33 years old and close to 375 pounds. I am sick and tired of being fat!!! I have chosen a weight that to some still seems like omg that is still heavy but I am 5'10", and I think I will be happy at 185. And I know that it isn't going to come off overnight because I know it didn't just get this way overnight.. It took years to get this size and I know it will take a few years to get it off. Now if you are reading my post and you have some suggestions please let me know. I am not going to set some ridiculous goals that I know I can't reach, or that I am going to get upset when I slip. I love Coke and I have cut myself down to 1 a day in the morning, as to where I was drinking 3 to 4 a day. I am also drinking water! I don't really care for water but I know I need it so I am drinking it. I am also limiting myself to 1 sweet treat a day, I know I shouldn't be eating any but again I have to set something I know I can handle. I am cutting back my portion size and walking.. I haven't walked a mile in probably 15 years.. And I DID IT TODAY!!!! I am proud of myself!! To anyone else who wants to lose weight we can do it..

Love,

Momo
momo423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/230/143

Height: 5'0

welcome, I'm new here as well
GabrielleEmersyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3

Meee Too! Just got here! We can do this!!
missjewelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #4  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hello Momo,

You seem very determined to do this and I respect you for that. Like you said, this won't happen overnight so make sure you ease into this new lifestyle by tweaking out your eating habits and becoming a little more active. Try not to go full force at the beginning.
Good luck
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote