Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/259.4/200

Height: 5'9"

Default Here we go again

I have been a stalker of this blog a few times before- I find a diet, google it, and it always leads me here. So this time I took the leap and joined. It has been a really rough year for me. My husband died in November of 2009, unexpected, unnecessarily, and my father, the only member of my small nuclear family, is on Hospice in another state. So, like today, I have been travelling a lot! I have 2 great sons, 18 and 22, neither of which live here during the school year. I am 52, and wondering what path my life is on. Regardless, I want to get healthy. Watching all this death and dying has fueled my desire to be a healthier human.

I will be watching, looking for a thread to land in. Any suggestions?
kadibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome!

I am 58, separated, have two sons 30 and 26 (plus daughter-in-law for the 30 year old and long-time girlfriend for the 26 year old) and am caring for my elderly father who has dementia and Parkinson's disease. So I can totally relate.

What type of diet are you interested in? Are there any that you think might be right for you?

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

Tell us a little about what you want to eat and do for exercise and we'll help you find some place to roost Just ask, we'll help ya!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #4  

Hi! I'm so sorry for your loss. Really difficult isn't it? I lost my mother in 2009 after a long period of declining health, Dad past away in April of 2010. All that was left of my family was myself and two cousins - one of which past away Christmas Eve after a 6 week battle with Stage 4 breast cancer.
I'm married, 51, no children (married late in life).
I so related to what you said about "too much death". Really admire your desire to improve your health and continue on! Just getting started here. I've been thinking about the 50+ group and maybe the 100 pounds + possibly both. Hope to see you around! Good luck!
Maggie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/259.4/200

Height: 5'9"

I have finally figured out how to find my old posts! Thank you to all who have helped me!!! So far this year, I have maintained my weight, still under 260 (barely, but under none the less) for the first time in many years. I have cleaned my diet. No rules, just clean food that I know where it came from. And not "the can" or "the market". Finally I am going back to the gym today, even tho I leave again to go see my dad in 5 days. It is a day by day thing, not a if I can't do it forever I won't thing......
kadibl is offline   Reply With Quote