Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #1  
Weddings...ugh!

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Height: 5'7''

Default Bridesmaid in Training!!!

Alright, I've done this alone a million times...or should I say I HAVEN'T done this alone, so I'm here for some help! I've been in we'll just say "more than my share" of weddings. I am somehow always smaller when I get fitted for the dress than when the wedding actually rolls around...and I'm determined NOT to let that happen this time around. My boyfriend and I are starting SBD on Saturday and I'm excited/nervous. At least he's on board to join in (I do blame him for me gaining my last 20 pounds, he gained it also...oh how we love when new wonderful relationships start ). Anywhoo...here's to actually attaining my goals in 2011!!
TexasAlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Good luck! When is the wedding? My sister is getting married in June, so I'm thinking bridesmaids dresses too. I'm think how much smaller than me the other bridesmaids are!!! We're going to look at dresses this weekend.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

We have a great South Beach forum here, so you may want to check that out. We also have groups by age range, so look around.

Can't wait to see more of you and get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #4  
Weddings...ugh!

Two of the weddings are in June...not only am I heavier than the other bridesmaids, but I'm about 6 inches taller too. They're all "petite". We did the dress shopping, and luckily I have known them all my whole life, so it wasn't too bad. My big reality check was when she wrote the size down and I've never seen that size before (or the 2 below it for that matter)...I'm thinking I can lose 20-25 by then. It's 25 weeks until the wedding and that would only be a pound a week...which is completely attainable!

I have found TONS of helpful recipes on here already...trying to get the first couple of days planned and get to the grocery store so we have NO excuses! I'm loving the encouragement on the site!

Let me know how the bridesmaid dress shopping goes!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Don't let bridesmaid dress sizes get you down, by the way. Depending on the cut of the dress, they can run maybe 2-3 sizes bigger than you are. As point of example, my widest part at goal is my back/shoulder/ribcage area...it's very robust compared to the rest of me (I am wide-shouldered and linebacker like). At goal, I wear a size 8 pant. In my most recent bridesmaid dress, also purchased at my goal weight, which was empire waisted and therefore fitted across my wide back/ribcage, I had to order a size 16. That's right...DOUBLE my size. So don't let the size of a bridesmaid dress get you down, OK? They're just weird!

Last edited by mandalinn82; 12-30-2010 at 05:15 PM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Definitely right about the larger sizing of wedding party dresses. For as expensive as they can be, you'd think manufacturers would mark the sizes smaller! You have some time and sounds like you're off to a great start!

Wishing you the best as you move toward your goal. My husband and I both gained weight, especially in the early stages of our relationship. It happens quite often! It's great that he's on board too. My husband and I are also working to lose together this time. Can't wait to see your progress!!
BunnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #7  
Weddings...ugh!

Thanks for the encouragement Bunny! I'm not too concerned about the size...I'm just more concerned that I get there and have to do alterations to make it smaller...that's my goal! We started SBD today, new year new game! He pouts and whines about the vegetables which makes it funny and so much more bearable!