Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #1  

Question end of year lose weight resolution

Hi, I'm new to this site, and I decided (after going to some holiday parties this week and eating soooo much) that I'm going to watch what I eat starting today! I got on the scale this morning and I weigh the most I've ever been. I've just been eating too much lately and haven't exercised and really need to get started now. I don't like how tight my clothes are fitting. Any suggestions on staying on track? Thanks.
ptsmith59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 AM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'd say just building good habits into your routine is the best way to be successful! I don't know how much you're looking to lose or how much you weigh now, but I'd say tracking calories (everything counts) is a great place to start. For a day, write down everything you eat and how many calories are in it. Try measuring food into the recommended servings. Portion control is a huge factor in weight creeping up because a lot of us don't really realize what a portion or serving looks like. And dishes in America are big.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

For me, having a plan to follow like sparkpeople or weight watchers is the key. "watching what I eat" is too vague for me. I need to track it and count it and know how many calories or points are in it for a plan to work for me.

Good luck!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote