Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #1  

Smile Greetings

Hello there,
Obviously new to the site.
I had gastric bypass over 2 years ago and kinda have lost my way. Lost 110 lbs originally but gained back 40. Dont have much support at home. Have that type of family thats critical on everything you do. Nothing seems to be good enough. So here i am looking to make new friends and at least a forums version of support.
Find it harder to watch what i eat when i go out on dates. Dont like telling guys i had the surgery. For some reason some guys think its bad they're dating a form really heavy fat chic. So i try to do as normal as i can when eating out but its not easy. Guys think if you eat like a bird your hiding something.
Will be 38 in Feb. No children and no significant other changing my lifestyle habits now.
Hope to meet you all soon.

Last edited by Elowyn; 12-15-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Elowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #2  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

I read that you are eating normal now, does that make you sick or are you fine? Because i know after gastric bypass you have a very very small stomach.

After losing 110 lbs, 40 lbs should just be a bump in the road for you, you can do it.
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #3  

Certain foods still make me sick. Chinese food especially. I cant eat Chick-Fil-A either so i guess most fried foods. Soda though i can drink and a lot folks usually cant. Besides the carbonation stretches your stomach. Typically anyone that has the surgery.. a year out they can only consume up to 4 oz of food , i think because of my soda consumption i am probably around the 6 oz mark. Not so much normal eating but i dont usually stick with salads or soups. Or just an appetizer. But when i should stop at 5 bites i usually eat around 8 or 10 before i get the full feeling so to me thats "normal" eating. Least i am not considered, eating like a bird. lol

I havent worked in over a year too so might have been part of the gain back. Depression with no work and most of my pals not living here anymore i think had a little to do with it. I got to the point i stopped excercising like used too when i started dating.
Elowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #5  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elowyn View Post

I havent worked in over a year too so might have been part of the gain back. Depression with no work and most of my pals not living here anymore i think had a little to do with it. I got to the point i stopped excercising like used too when i started dating.
do you have a eating/exercise plan?
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote