Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

Height: 5'11"

Default New and happy to be here

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes in 2007. I cut out all sodas and nearly all junk. I lost 30 lbs within 6 months and was able to eliminate all but one medication. My blood glucose is well under control and my lab work is good. However, I have gained most of the weight back. I have never had much success with plans or groups. I am using three books by Dr. Don Colbert, "I can do this", "7 pillars of health", and "The Bible cure for diabetes", mainly because they make more sense to me than other books I have read. In the last two weeks I have begun taking the supplements recommended (after my Dr's okay) and this week I am resuming my exercise program. 30 minutes cardio/5 days a week and 15 minutes weight training/3 days a week.

While I have a loving family, they don't understand that this is a lifestyle change for me, not a diet. I am looking for support here and accountability partners.
LadyKnight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi LadyKnight! Welcome!
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #4  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Welcome!. You will find lots of support here. Good luck with your goals
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like you are doing well. I have insulin resistance so overall I eat a lot less carbs and fruits than normal. People look at me like why are you saying no to fruit it's healthy! But I'm like well yeah it is but not really so much for me. I eat fruit sparingly, I take vitamins daily, and I eat a lot of vegetables and protein along with a small amount of complex carbs.

Sounds like you have a good plan- good luck!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Sounds like you are doing well. I have insulin resistance so overall I eat a lot less carbs and fruits than normal. People look at me like why are you saying no to fruit it's healthy! But I'm like well yeah it is but not really so much for me. I eat fruit sparingly, I take vitamins daily, and I eat a lot of vegetables and protein along with a small amount of complex carbs.

Sounds like you have a good plan- good luck!
I believe the hardest thing on the weight loss portion of the plan is going to be giving up bananas, grapes and raisins. That will be very hard for me. I will have to make certain to get enough potassium through other produce. The only fruit on the plan is an apple or pear per day for fiber. Since steel cut oatmeal is a breakfast option, I am going to look for no sugar added dried apples and pears to put in it. Also no GMO corn, so I will have to be super careful. This plan gives a whole new perspective to grocery shopping and menu planning!
LadyKnight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah I LOVE bananas- they have now become treats in my life where before I used to eat 1-2 a day at times. I always thought they were healthy and while they are I don't need all that!

I take multivitamins now- I've seen such a difference in energy from when I started taking the vitamins
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote