Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #1  
Zippidy do dah

Height: 5"7

Lightbulb Hello there, new here. Starting to chase change.

HI! I'm Madly . Today just seemed like a great day to stop stalling and start doing something about gaining control over my weight.

I'm not sure what to say in one of these posts but i'm 20 years young, live in Northern Virginia, and heard about this website through a friend .

At 16 i hit my first rock bottom with my weight and started to work at it. I'd start off with running every single day for 20-40 minutes and that obviously did wonders for my first few months.. then i started watching what i ate and joined a gym to take some classes and try new machines. Yet again, i dropped weight at an incredible rate (you know where this is heading right?). So a year later i lost 120lbs. Barely ate much of anything, spat out food i wanted to try but not digest the calories and worked out up to 4-5 hours every single day and even got hired at the gym i went to. I was addicted.

Anyways, life happened and i moved out of my parents at 18 about an hour away.. so with no car, no gym membership, having severe insomnia and being an "in Home nanny" for,at least, twelve hours a day with barely any food provided at the house. Needless to say i hardly had enough energy for my runs outside and even less luck when it was storming outside and i had to workout in a small space inside.

So as time went by (yep you guessed it..) i gained ALL the weight back and more.. I have some support but i have no idea what's keeping me back.. i want to start doing something about it.. but i want to do it RIGHT this time. Any suggestions on how to even start again? 'Cause now i'm at a lost, i use to do Zumba and everything but my feet ache after a period of time now a days. I'll be grateful for ANYTHING at this moment. THAAANK YOU!

Last edited by Madly; 10-30-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Madly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi! & to 3FC!
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/168/135

Height: 5'3

set goals and count calories. like you i gained most of my weight back, but this time around have found my metabolism is making things more difficult now that i am a bit older. i def do more weight training to build muscle. it helps me burn more fat.
BagLadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

heyy! i have the kinda the same problem, i have a lot of time on my hands but i have no idea what to do, or where to start.
skylinedrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #6  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote