Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/214/200

Height: 5'6

Default Im new and Im fat

Well, I admit for likely the first time EVER than I weight 221 lbs as of right now. That is just sick.

I was a comfortable (for me) 175lb when I became pregnant with my lovely son. I ballooned up to 230lbs while pregnant. I easily lost 30lbs when he was born in April '08. I have never been able to lose the rest, in face Ive gained it almost ALL BACK and Im not expecting.

Obviously this weight is NOT going to fall off on its own. I am going to have to work at this. Im not happy about it, but its time to seek some help.

Im an overeater for sure. Love sweets and standard "comfort foods". I love to play with my 2 1/2 year old, but have noticed my stamina is really really bad from this weight. Ive got to do something and today.

I dont have a plan yet, but Im going to find one and Im going to need your help to do this. Really, how cliche, but its true.

Thanks for reading!
1HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #2  
Debbie

S/C/G: 166/159/130

Height: 5"1

Hi, well it sounds like your headed in the right direction.I do the atkins diet & love it!! cause there`s alot of stuff you CAN have.Like lo carb cheesecake ect.Well good luck & let us know which plan you pick.

Debbie
cdmoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC! You have the best reason in the world to start making healthy choices - that beautiful 2 year old running you ragged. You can do it - for him if not for you.

I'm a calorie counter eating mostly whole foods (limits on fast and processed foods but really nothing is totally off limits). I've lost over 80 pounds since February - if I can do it you can too!

Welcome again and Good Luck!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #4  
Just imagine....

I am the same way! I love sweets and I love comfort foods as well!! My biggest was 250lbs way back in 04 and I've lost down and went back up again. Grrrrr. Not quite to 250 but 230 (close enough). I just want you to know that it's not so much a diet at this point, as it is a life style change. It has to be or you'll just end up gaining it back again. I know for me, I have to exericise 4-6 times per week, and I count calories. That's not to say that I NEVER eat sweets anymore, of course I do! I just have to be reasonable about it and not eat it everyday or it will take me over again! I wish lots and ots and lots of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad that you're here!
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome to the group! Sounds like you're definitely on a road to a healthier you!

There are plenty of weight loss plans out there. You just have to find the one that works for you. I personally am taking a weight loss supplement called Healthy Trim to keep my appetite under control and am cutting back on my portion sizes. Slowly I am incorporating exercise into my plan as well. it's working so far.

Good luck in reaching your goals!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/214/200

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the welcome.

I did atkins a few years back and lost 40 lbs (at the time was down to 155 and felt great) but of course that wasnt something I could stick to forever and I gained it all back plus some during my pregnancy. It takes an enormous amount of willpower and Im not sure I have that in my right now- but Im glad its working for you!
1HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #8  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Personally, I just count calories. I make an effort to eat mostly unprocessed foods and I cook for myself a lot, but I also allow the occasional treat if it's within my calorie range. I find it works really well for me because when you count calories, you get to choose how restrictive you want to be, and you can slowly take things out of your diet instead of making a drastic change when you start an official diet. That's just me, though, I recommend trying a few different things out and seeing what works for you. Welcome and good luck!
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy to have found this site!

Yesterday I found this site when looking for additional information regarding the Ideal Protein (IP) diet plan. This forum is so chock-ful of information... WOW! Thank you everyone for posting and reaching out to be supportive to me and others, and I will try to reciprocate.

I've been on the IP plan for about 5 1/2 weeks now and have dropped 21 pounds already. I have yo yo dieted most of my life and that has kept me from reaching 200 pounds. But... a few years ago, I gave up and reached 200+. I figured since I have always failed to keep off the weight, why bother. Well, I needed to because with the additional weight came additional problems, and aches and pains, plus I have been too embarassed to continue to stay in touch with people who knew me when I was a smaller person.

So I'm feeling not only better about myself already, but also those extra problems, and aches and pains have melted away along with the fat, hooray

Last edited by mtrchristian; 10-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.
mtrchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

I've been on Ideal Protein for 1 1/2 weeks..first weigh in I lost 10 lbs..I'm so excited...I have canceled some events..because I said I don't want to go where there is a lot of food and drinking....this is about me and I'm doing this for me and I can't do these other things right now..I'm looking forward to 4 months from now...I'll go to these things next year...slimmer
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote