Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #16  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

damngina - yes there is a ton of amazing food in sf! and nyc and la and philly and alllllll over my life, hehe. handmade cheeses and the freshest local, amazing artisan items. love.

kaplods - your point about the apples reminded me of an interesting point.

our bodies adapt. our palettes actually change to like healthier food the more we eat it. so yes, i eat at michelin star restaurants - no i dont want the most decadent item (and if i do, one bite is plenty).

my desire to eat fresh, barely cooked, interesting combined, local, artisan flavors has increased.

my desire to eat heavy pastries and cakes and sugar and high fat sauces and such has become almost non-existent.

in fact - i keep having experiences where i go back to a favorite spot to get the amazing thing i used to love (croissant from metropolitan bakery in philly) and they are disgusting. cant even enjoy - just tastes like pure fat.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/220/190

Height: 5 foot six

mandalinn82, Thanks so much for your post. The way you describe your lifestyle is exactly what I am aspiring to: i want to eat healthy and clean in 95% of my days and then really relish and enjoy those times when i am on vacation or it's a friend's birthday or any other special event.

cincimini, i will absolutely not be cutting calories at robuchon! no way. the chef behind that restaurant got some ridiculous accolade like 'chef of the century' and i am so excited to eat there. i do think i'm going to go very easy on the wine... last time i had a big tasting menu, i made the mistake of drinking and could barely taste the cheese course . might have a glass of port at the end this time around. i want to truly taste my food!

xty.. you know years ago, when i was a low-carber before i took my dieting break, i was able to work my former cookie loving self into mostly not needing dessert. to this day, my capacity for sweets is mostly diminished. so, i bet you're right -- my palate will adjust!

can't thank everyone enough for responding and talking with me!
damngina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #18  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote