Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'5.5

Default Pushing 250.... thats a 50lb weight gain in the past 7 years... HELP!

I can't get to 250.... I told myself 7 years ago that if I got to 200 I'd be hitting rock bottom......... I have to do something and I really need to try all I can before I consider lapband or gastric bypass........... I've been thinking about Weight Watchers and I've heard lots of people tell me really positive stories but I just don't know if it will help me. Anyway I'm here to try and help myself before I hit that 250. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here... I'm a chatty kathy so message boards are always great places for me! hahaha
GeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey there =D welcome to 3FC, it's an awesome place if you like to talk it up, and there are tons of people here facing the same problems as you. I would suggest hopping right into some challenges, find a good diet and workout plan for you, and you won't have to go to any extremes like surgery. Good luck to you! I hope you're able to lose it the old fashion healthy way ^_^
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Weight Watcher works. Just go! And go again, and again. Follow the program.

WW has great tools and great support. And it's a lifestyle you can live with!

WW is a good program, with lots of support, I made some great friends there that understand, and you get all kinds of tips, pointers, personal stories, etc. And the best, if you do it, it does work.

Just go! We all have to start somewhere.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #5  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

to 3FC!
We're glad you found us
This is the best place for some AWESOME advice, support, and encouragement
Hugs and support on your weight loss journey
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #6  
Just imagine....

GeeGee, I've been where you are. In 2004 I weighed in at 250 lbs. It was a major shock for me. I started counting calories and working out for like 20 min on an eliptical machine. I got down to 170 (mind you it wasn't overnight), it took a few years and had a few babies in between. Now I find myself back in the 200s but am deteremined to get back down again. Have faith GeeGee and believe in yourself. It can be done! (With or) without surgery!!!! I believe in you!!!!
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #7  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

Have you thought about consulting your doctor to start off with. Doctor should be able to help determine if there is a metabolic issue causing you to put on weight, maybe they can set you up with a dietician or endocrinologist.

It's not about getting drugs or surgery, it's about understanding your body.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #8  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

hi there - I am a newbie too!

I have literally been where you are...240-250lbs and Im about your height. You can do this! If you need any support, feel free to send me a msg on here or something.

It doesnt even matter if you figure out one specific way (weight watchers, etc). Just that you have acknowledged the issue and are moving forward. You will figure the rest out in time. Be patient with yourself.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #9  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Heya, GeeDee. I was pushing 260 when I first started thinking about losing weight, (back problems really pushed me into it, ), so I understand the desire not to get any bigger!

It's not about whether or not a specific plan will help you, , it's about your determination to lose weight and being consistant. Those are key.

I'm doing Weight Watchers, myself. Started 12/30/09, so I know the 2010 plan. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them. There are also specific threads within 3FC for WWs, and there are a bunch of other options, so explore and ask questions.

!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote