Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #16  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 346/344/140

Height: 5'3"

I hope I am ready too! I know it is time to change the way it is going, it is hard. I thought I had a good support system at home but it isnt turning out that way. THey are saying things like, oh it is free calories. or just one bite wont hurt. Just one day off wont matter. but with the way I am, that is all it takes. just one bite.... i do better to just stay away from it all. But how when they wont... sigh. ah the will power that is needed....
sad424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #18  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

I used to count my impulse snacks budget separately from my weekly food budget so I'd think wow, this food is way more expensive. Of course, if I'd got all my sweets, crisps, chocolates, drive-thru and takeaway all in one big weekly shop then the difference is not as great as it first appears.

Not sure of your geography but do you live anywhere at all near a farm? These days the food manufacturers and retailers all want food in a specific way. We buy food by eye, so fruit and veg with minor blemishes is rejected by large retailers, as are undersized eggs, chicken breasts that don't meet a minimum size, etc. There is a lot of stuff which is simply unsaleable by farmers these days and it ends up being plowed back into the field to fertilise next year's crop because it's grown a tiny bit lopsided. Sometimes they have to pay for these unwanted goods to be hauled away and disposed of, so you may be able to arrange yourself a free supply of goods if you are prepared to take the ones that aren't as pretty. There's nothing wrong with a lettuce that's wonky or a tomato that you have to cut one side off it. The big stores don't want to "spoil their reputation" by having a section full of goods like that so they won't buy them. It seems stupid when there's people going hungry or being stuck on cheap fatty meals, but that's the world we live in just now.

Of course if you have an outside space you would be able to get some exercise by planting your own veggies, raise some inexpensive food and learn a new skill. Some will even grow inside, and seeds are cheap, just make sure you don't need any special monitoring and fertilising equipment. My gran found a pair of specially raised apple trees that you can grow in a 10-inch tub and she got about 20 small apples from each tree. Much easier to keep your fruit fresh that way too, if you don't want it yet just leave it on the tree! LOL
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #19  

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Well i am just going to start over and take it one day at a time. I am not going to look towards the end of the week. just the end of the day. make the goals daily and the weekly goals will come. For now that is all i can do. one day at a time towards a brighter leaner future.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #20  

Went for a walk today. Felt like i was going to die. Finally felt the full force of the extra weight. I hate it. I need help.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #21  
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

S/C/G: 340/276/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I am new too. Best of luck on your journey!
kerielaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #22  

Thanks kerielaine. Good luck to you too!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #23  

Well trying to change and able to change are becoming two different things. I would feel confident and sure and then disappointed and terrible. I just wish I had more support at home. My fiance is not unsupportive but he doesnt help me either. WIth its free calories or just one.... it is never just one. He seems to think that since he can eat everything and still drop 3 lbs this week that it is ok. when it isnt. he is still overweight and has diabetes but he can lose weight without trying. when we were first together he was over 400 lbs now he is 296. lost over 100 lbs without so much as lifting a finger. dont know how. but it is frustrating. Well maybe someday. Have a great day everyone. or anyone who reads this anyway.