Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 384/ /180

Height: 5'3

Angry Back again and more depressed than ever...

My husband and I just moved to Tampa, and it feels like my whole world has been turned upside down. I was doing so well back home in Charleston, SC... I had a trainer whom I absolutely LOVED! We went to the gym 3-4 times a week and things seemed like that were all falling into place.... Well, the husband works for the fed. gov and got transferred to Tampa, FL.... I had to quit my job, lose my trainer AND leave my family and friends (my support system). Now, I have no job (looking for one though), know no one here and have no trainer. I can't afford a gym until I find a job....but that's ok, bc we have a gym here where we live. BUT all of this is just too much for me to handle all at once. So...Here I am.....I'm back! I fell off the wagon with all of this stress and have turned back to food. I have been in Tampa for over a week now, and I have had the worst time trying to get back on track with my weight loss and eating right. Has anyone every had to deal with this type of thing?? I'm in dire need of a good pep talk....

Last edited by Joyathrt; 08-24-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: color
Joyathrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #2  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 351/351/220

Height: 5'9"

You can do this Amanda!!

Moving, and losing your support network are great stressors---don't beat yourself up! Just take it one day at a time. You can do this!!
Gigglesquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Maybe look at it from a completely different viewpoint - you GET to explore a new city, you get to make new friends of your own choosing, while still keeping in touch with your current friends, hopefully you'll find a new job that you enjoy and that challenges and inspires you, you get to show yourself that you CAN DO IT - you're up for the challenge. Definitely use the gym that you have access to - it'll be your sanity and stress relief.

Can you decide that ONCE a week you'll explore and select a new restaurant to try and enjoy a little indulgence there, rather than with regular groceries and normal temptations that are oh, so routine. That's not good enough for you - have it be something that's unique to Tampa. Maybe some great Cuban food ... if that's open to your tastes.

Just putting a different viewpoint out there - you're still the same strong woman you were - allot a few minutes in the morning to sit and relax and enjoy a cup of tea/coffee and reset your goals for the day - remind yourself why you're interested in sticking with a healthier lifestyle. Write the reasons down and refer to them OFTEN, not just on page one of a journal (this is helping me a ton!), and while you're getting settled in, you'll be cementing your healthy lifestyle.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It has only been a week. Be kind to yourself and give yourself a break. Take one step at a time. See all the new opportunities that await you. Good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 384/ /180

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the encouragement ya'll. I have done quite a bit of exploring and love to take pictures, so I am documenting everything and posting it all on my Facebook page for friends and family. My problem is being home. I am trying not to spend too much money exploring right now until I find work. The beaches are fee (woohoo), and I've been told that there are 19 beaches that are within 10-30 mins from here. However, its been raining like cats and dogs here! I am tempted to go out and find a job in retail just to get get out of the house. I sure need something b/c I am going bonkers being cooped up all day in this condo. Ya'll are right though, I can do it. It's just a matter of snapping out of being so depressed about it all. I think tomorrow morning, after I take my husband to work (he has seizures and can't drive...so this is also a stress factor b/c i have to find a job that is flexible enough to where I can still take him to work and pick him up), I am going to go to the clubhouse here @ the condo, get me a cup of free coffee and make me a To-Do list, and do every single thing on the list. I am going to start my Jillian Michaels work out dvd's again and I think I will e-mail my trainer back home (he told me that he would still work with me long distance). I guess I am just going to have to take it one step at a time and set mini-goals.

Last edited by Joyathrt; 08-24-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Joyathrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241.6/150

One step at a time, you can do it.
allwayshungery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #7  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

The University of Tampa has some beautiful buildings, too - one is where Babe Ruth signed his first pro contract - great architecture if you like photographing that type of subject. I think it was called the Tampa Bay Hotel ... fun exploring around there.

Sounds like you have a plan and the willpower to carry it out! You GO, girl!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome back to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #9  
life is good!

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Hi there,

I have been through that before.Moving away from your support system is a major stressor. Just keep your head up
ktexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Hello and welcome to 3FC! It's great meeting you! I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #11  

Hi Amanda!
Guess what? You now have one friend in Florida...
Me! I live in Hudson which is only about 30 minutes north of Tampa.
Just take it one day at a time, enjoy your exploring when you can and enjoy your pictures. I too love the camera and shoot beach weddings occasionally.
You'll settle in before you know it.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #12  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #13  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome back Amanda to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote