Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #1  

Smile Hello all! I'm new to the site, but not new to dieting. :)

Hello everyone! My name is Kristina, I'm 24 (25 in a few weeks) and I live in Idaho.

I have battled my weight my entire life. I have blamed it on everything from genetics to hormones to achy knees, but for the first time, I am accepting that I'm a binge eater. I know it's my own fault and I acknowledge that I can't lose the weight until I get the binging under control. I know what I'm supposed to do- what to eat, how much to exercise, but it's a matter of implementing the plan and not breaking down after a long day with a box of Little Debbie snack cakes. And then potato chips. And then a Hershey's bar.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and I am excited to share ideas and stories.
GoldTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #2  
False? Never. TROO!

S/C/G: 262/219/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Kristina!

Congratulations on being honest with yourself. I was in denial for a long, long, long time about my weight so I know how you feel. I thought it was genetics, or that I was just big bone and muscular, or that I had a thyroid problem (mind you, I'd never even talked to a Dr. about it.)

I finally figured out that I had no one to blame but myself, and when I accepted that, I could start living the right way.

It's worked so far, and I know you can do the same! Good luck with all your goals!
squidcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/224/155

Height: 5'5

Smile Good Luck

Kristina.. I am right there with you.. except I have had a lot of pressure to look a certain way for a long time now.. But now.. I know that I need to do it for myself and to be happy.. I just joined today.. because I am at a point where I have been really really good.. for prob 2 months now.. and the weight is coming off sooo slow,and I am becoming so frustrated! I hope that you reach your goals! And anything you need I would be glad to chat, I have also myself been struggling my whole life! Good Luck!
michelle377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome. I suggest you look for a Support Group or Challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one that inspires you or fits your needs, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kristina! As they say, the first step is admitting it right? After I had that moment (realizing this wasn't just overeating but a clinical binge eating disorder) I got (a lot) of therapy to help me work through the behaviors, to stop binging, stop being scared of food and live at my healthy weight for the first time.

It's possible and freeing to know what your issues are and work through them. Best of luck and if you need anything, just PM me I'd be glad to help, I realize how isolating it can be.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote