Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Default New and looking for support.

Hello my name is Rosie I am 27 years old and new to this site. I am trying to lose 100lbs. Not really sure where to start...It seems very overwhelming..I need to lose the weight for my health and also I want to lose the weight so I can be a better parent for my 2 year old daughter. I don't want her growing up with a weight problem. I am tired of my clothes always being so tight and I can truly say that I am not happy with myself. My husband and I just moved to a new state and don't really know anyone around here so I find myself sitting at home with nothing to do. I am hoping to find some support here and look forward to losing weight and getting to know some new people.
RosieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/206/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Rosie! I'm new, too. I know how you feel. My husband and I are far from any close friends or family and I don't have school for the summer so I have nothing to do. That's a lie, I have plenty to do, but don't feel motivated to do it.

I just joined 3FC this week and I've really enjoyed reading the forums and seeing how much weight people have lost. It's really been an inspiration and has pushed me to get up and get moving.

I hope you find the support you need and good luck on your journey!
lionspaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #3  
Taking care of me.

Welcome Rosie. Congrats on deciding to change your life. This is a great site with lots of groups and challenges to join. Look around and find the ones that fit you. There is a 100 pound club for people who are losing/have lost 100 pounds that's great.

I know the heat is ridiculous in a lot of places right now but when you look out your window do you see any walkers you could introduce yourself to and join up with? Maybe if you go out walking, someone else who is sitting at home with nothing to do will see you, come out, introduce themselves and join you.

Hope to see you around.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Rosie, nice to meet you. I am also new on here, haven't posted yet, just been reading from time to time, so this is my first post.

I really liked reading that one of your main weight-loss motivators is your 2-year old daughter! I have a 3-year old girl and she is the main reason that I feel motivated to hopefully lose 60 lbs and maintain it. She is the light of my life and I want to be able to run and play with her, have more energy for her, and set a positive example for her. I am a dedicated mother and would do anything for the benefit of my child, so why not lose weight and benefit us both?

I have been overweight since age 10, but I am tall (5'10") so I've always "worn" my weight well but now that I'm 30 and my weight is creeping up over 230 lbs, I'm starting to see in photos that I don't wear it so well anymore and my BMI is now putting me in the obese category which increases risk of health problems.

My ideal weight would be an athletic 170 lbs and almost everyday, as I'm fighting those intense junk food cravings, I tell myself "today will be the day I change my habits", but so far it hasn't stuck for long and the pounds aren't disappearing on their own either.

I am also on here looking for support and new friends as I continue on my weight loss journey. I wish you all the best and I know you will find many thoughtful, funny, and inspiring ladies on here!

Cheers!
KatiesMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #5  

KatiesMum..Thank you for your reply back...I have also been overweight since about 5th grade..I lost my "baby fat" around 8th grade...I met my husband when I was 16 and we went out to dinner A LOT and I gained close to 70lbs. I went to the gym back in 2006-2007 and lost about 30lbs...but in 2007 I got pregnant with my daughter and gained back all that weight plus 30 pounds and since having her in 2008 I have not lost any of it...I am totally disgusted with my self and my life with my husband has been affected...I know he still loves me, but I don't love myself and it comes out in our life...I would really love to love myself again and show that love to my husband...I just need to get my lazy butt up and move...I hope we can inspire each other to lose the weight!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/198/135

Height: 5'3

Hello Rosie!

I saw that you were kind of looking for some input on where to start. I'm currently in the same boat as you (wanting to lose 100 lbs) and we have similar weights. I've been battling the weight loss journey for the past year but here in the past month I've really gotten things kicked into gear. Over the past year I've tried going to the gym, looking into different diets, and even purchased a bodybugg. If you can afford it I highly recommend looking into the bodybugg. It really is a great motivator and takes the guess work out of estimating calories burned, for progress sake. The diets fell through of course. In the end I just went back to just counting calories and making healthier choices. Quick and easy diets just aren't realistic! My current weight loss goal of 2.5 lbs a week is way more realistic!

I find it easy to make a list of things you can easily give up or switch to healthier alternative. For example I found it really easy to give up soda and change to drinking fat free milk instead of 2%. On the other hand I couldn't stand the taste of whole wheat bread. I ended up deciding to allow myself to eat the bread (in moderation) and cut calories/fat in other foods.

When it comes to exercising I would recommend doing something you enjoy. I paid for a gym membership that I never use. Instead of enjoying my time there, I found myself halfheartedly trying to do enough to justify the drive. I now play tennis 5-6 days a week. I enjoy the competitiveness of it so much that it is never a downer when its time to play. I also recommend Jillian Micheal's work out tapes. The one I'm currently using (30 day shred) is only a 25 min daily workout and I can visibly see the results. She's tough and leaves room to grow, but she also has modified moves for those not as far along.

If you ever need someone to help motivate you or want a weight loss partner feel free to contact me. I know I had a lot of help on this site when I first started and would like to pay it forward.
Dyeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #7  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Rosie! You came to the right place for help and support!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Rosie,

As a fellow mom, of a little one who started her health journey (90lbs for me) when my wee one was 2, I know who you feel.

It's so a baby steps thing, maybe try Sparkpeople as a place to start. They have a really great approach that helps you make sensible changes a little at a time. Good luck.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #10  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome Rosie to 3FC, we are glad you are here
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #11  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Rosie !

KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #12  
life is good!

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Hi Rosie, maybe you can find an activity to join at your local Y? Maybe like a swim class or yoga? There's always new people to meet at the gym and you can get your workout in at the same time !
ktexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #13  

I live in a small town and there is no Y. Can't really afford it anyways right now. Thank you for all the support. I look forward to losing with with you all.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #14  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/198/140

Height: 5'5

hey rosie!
welcome
do you have a plan in place for how you are going to lose it?
I am doing weight watchers and working out daily to lose about 120lbs. I too have a daughter who just turned 1 and I do not want her to grow up thinking that its ok to be over weight and un healthy.
We are here for you!
tryn2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote