Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #1  
That One Girl

S/C/G: 131/128.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Default Incognito

My first instinct when I say "incognito" is to emphasize the "neat-o!" part.

In a way, this is an introduction, and in a way, it isn't. The truth is that I've been here before. I was a fairly active member for some time, and when I wasn't posting, I was definitely scoping the forums and scouring over inspirational before/after photos wondering how long it would take before my flab-ridden thighs would fit into the same size pants that some of these women were wearing (though, admittedly, I may not have chosen the circa 1980's high-waisted trainwrecks that some of the subjects were sporting. Come on, girls, you know who you are!). But the point is that I absolutely loved this site, and it helped me get from 168 pounds down to 113. I'm 5'2".

If there's one thing that I've learned in life, it's that good things don't last forever. It's hard for me not to be overwhelmed at the thought of how much has changed since I first registered on this site with so many hopes for the future. I let that overwhelming feeling get the best of me more often than I should, and I'm definitely paying the consequences.

My goal here is to be completely, uncomfortably, and possibly even inappropriately honest. I apologize ahead of time if anyone thinks I'm pulling a "TMI" or need to be more frugal in sharing the sensitive details of my life. But I would bet (or maybe I just hope) that I'm not the only one going through issues such as these. Of course I wouldn't wish them upon anyone else, but it's good not to feel so isolated or alone in the delicate construct of my experiences.

Since losing the weight, I've lost my boyfriend of 2 years. It was an international relationship, so it was definitely more complicated than anything one would pick for themselves. I had been rearranging my thought process to accept the fact that I would be moving overseas and completely uprooting my life to fit into his. It didn't work out, and I was suddenly left with a gap in my heart the size of an island.

After the breakup, I was extremely vulnerable. I quickly found myself in a situation in which I was manipulated to trust a person that I never should have allowed into my life. They saw my weakness from a mile off and went in for the kill. (This would be a good time to mention the fact that I considered myself bisexual at the time, but now consider myself only gay.) I gave my heart to her, as she supported me through the breakup and different issues concerning my family. I became completely dependant on her.

Time went on, and our friendship deepened. She was my world, offering me the attention that no one else ever had. She made me feel important and worth it. And, despite being married, she began flirting with me. I saw the flirtation as playfulness and refused myself to read into it, though I admit I enjoyed the attention. But then she approached me with "the deal".

She mentioned that she liked me a lot and cared for me deeply, wanting to be in a relationship with me. But her husband, who was okay with her having a girlfriend, was jealous at the thought of intimacy with anyone other than himself. So "the deal" was that we could be together...if I slept with her husband. No intimacy between us could exclude him. He wanted to be a part of everything, and would want his 'turns' with me. Her idea was to turn this into a polyamorous relationship, a sort of three-way in which all of us were involved with one another. She also stated that whatever my decision was, our friendship would remain. We would still be best friends, but the flirtation would stop if I said "No". I was honestly completely okay with the thought of no flirtation, as long as we could stay as close as we were at the time.

A couple of weeks went by and I thought about "the deal". I hate myself for not immediately throwing it (and even her) out of my life forever, but the truth was that she was my world. We had sessions in which we'd meet for coffee and I'd ask her questions about "the deal" and she'd respond encouragingly.

I came to my decision: No. I wouldn't do it. But after telling her my decision, things changed drastically between us. She would hardly talk to me. She seemed depressed, disappointed, and hurt. I felt so guilty for breaking her heart, and felt as if I'd made a huge mistake. I suddenly began feeling the same gap in my heart that I'd felt after breaking up with my previous boyfriend. I had no foundation, nothing to cling to. So what did I do?

I changed my mind.

For months I was involved with this woman and her husband. I hated him, never liked him from the start. He had always made me extremely uncomfortable, even before this situation with his wife. And now I was obligated to sleep with him and satisfy him. I completely gave up all self-worth, deciding that this was better than being alone. If I could have her, even if just a portion of her heart, it was worth it to me. But my life turned into a very dark, destructive place.

Sex was physically painful. I was a virgin at the start of this, but as time went on it was obvious that it wasn't a virgin's pain, it was something else. In order for me to be "functional" I'd have to get drunk off of wine, vodka, whiskey, or whatever was available. I'd take four to six Motrin. Then he'd put numbing gel on me so that he could do what he wanted without me screaming in pain.

I withdrew from friends and family, became severely depressed. I began cutting. I also began what has turned into the demon of my life - binging and purging. I would eat and eat and eat, then vomit it all up. My weight began slowly increasing, which only perpetuated the cycle as my depression/anxiety as I saw myself undoing all the hard work from before. I was no longer a success, I was a piece of garbage. As our relationship continued, I can only imagine that I was no longer as exciting as before. She would offer little to no support, despite knowing about the eating disorder. She began verbally manipulating me and even ignoring me. I began feeling like her pet...something she would invite around for periods of time, then shoo away whenever I became inconvenient. She once even compared me to a "stray cat" - something she loved to have around, but wasn't hers to keep.

Despite using birth control (and condoms,altough he had a bad habit of letting them 'slip off'), her husband got me pregnant. I was scared out fo my mind. I found out while alone in a Wal-Mart bathroom stall cradling a pregnancy test in my hand that I'd bought after not getting my period on time. It was positive.

Long story short, I had a medical abortion. It was absolutely the right decision. There was no way I would bring a baby into the world with ties to this evil man and manipulative woman, a bulimic/unstable mother, and a history of parents with no love for one another. I went to planned parenthood alone for all of my appointments because neither of them would go with me. She ended up breaking things off a week after the abortion.

So there I was...bulimic, a cutter, post-abortion, and suffering from what would later be diagnosed as post traumatic stress disorder. I was literally completely alone. Food, however, was always there.

I'm still trying to put the pieces together of what really happened. I can't believe how easy I was to manipulate, and how weak minded I truely was. I can't believe it took a pregnancy to get me out of it. I'm also still angry at myself that she was the one that cut it off, not me.

So here I am, healing, and wondering how just how much it'll take to get me on the right track again. I consider myself a "recovering" bulimic, as I've taken some dramatic steps since the beginning of this ordeal. I still fail far more than I'd like to admit.

I need help. I need support. I don't know where to go with this, what to do. I suppose part of my honesty is a cry for help. Although I've recently acquired an extremely amazing friend that is supporting me emotionally, I still feel a bit aimless in the recovery process. Sometimes I look at people like Jillian Michaels on TV and wish I could convince them to come chain me to a treadmill and chain a lock across my pantry. I've successfully lost the weight before, but the newfound emotions are really dragging me through the mud. I feel like force is my last option.

Well, I've already written far too much. I hope this gives you an accurate representation of what I'm currently wading through, and I hope in some way you find courage in knowing that whatever you're going through, you're not alone. We all of our secrets, our demons. I also encourage you to write to me if you feel that you too need a support system. Maybe somehow we can help eachother through.

Until the next post,

~Regrette Rien~
TalkoftheTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm sorry to hear that you have had this horrible situation in your life, but from my perspective it seems this woman did you a favor by breaking the relationship off. You may be hurting now, but you have a chance at a new future. One of your own making.

Welcome back to Chicks. I hope you find the support and encouragment that you need here with us. I suggest you look for a Support Group or Challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one that inspires you or fits your needs, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I'm so sorry for everything that has happened,
just be glad it's over, and the only way is up.
Re-tie the broken bonds with your family, start exercising at least 4 days a week to help clear your mind. Get into nature, and be happy those two are no longer in your life. They seem awfully dysfunctional.

Everybody here will support you, so you're completely safe here
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

So sorry that you've gone through so much TalkoftheTown. I can tell from what you've written that you have emerged stronger and wiser. You hit the bottom awhile ago and you are on your way back up now! You know how supportive and encouraging we can be at 3FC -- good job making your way back here when you needed us.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I am so sorry for all you've been through and I wish you the best with your goals and your life
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #6  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Incognito,
I started out reading your post and laughing at your description of "mom"
jeans. After reading the rest of your post, I wanted to cry instead. And I also wanted to strangle the woman and her husband who manipulated and controlled you for their own evil pleasure. What pieces of work they are.

You mentioned that you were diagnosed with PTSD. I hope this means that you have received professional counseling after this ordeal. I could not in good faith offer advice unless I felt that you have received far better help than I could provide to get yourself to a starting place for changing your life.
I pray you have.

As for help with weight issues, you have come to a great and I feel, safe, place to get you back to the weight you want to achieve. A large part of losing weight is battling emotional issues, so be sure to post and read in that forum here on 3FC.

I am so sorry to hear about what you have been through. You are deserving of true friendship and support and you need to believe in everyone's intrinsic self worth ... especially your own. I'll be looking for your posts and hope that life will only get better for you.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #8  
That One Girl

S/C/G: 131/128.6/105

Thank you so much for all the encouragement. I really, really appreciate it.

Carol: I really appreciate your kind words. I've gone to the therapist at my college, who also sent me to the on-campus doctor due to some insomnia issues. I can't get more therapy until the Fall, unfortunately, because I'm not taking summer classes for financial reasons. But yes, I'm getting some professional help. The resources that state colleges offer their students have been more helpful than I ever realized they would be. Thank goodness for taxes!

I definitely feel that this is a safe place to share. I'm sure I'll have an "emo" post from time to time as I keep working through things, so I ask that you be patient with me. Thanks again for all the encouragement you all have shown me so far. We can do this!
TalkoftheTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 AM   #9  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Glad to hear that you are able to get some professional therapy. It can work wonders ... It has helped me in the past.

Heck yeah! We can do this!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote