Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleighAO View Post
I'm a homebody who still doesn't know the area too well lol.

I'm a sociology major at PSU. You not at PSU anymore??
Heh, I'm very much a homebody too, and I'm not familiar with a lot of the Portland metro area either so don't feel bad haha.

I went through a phase when I didn't do so well and had to go back to community college. So I took a break and then did that. I may end up at PSU again in the near future for a BS, but I haven't decided yet. Even though I like the campus and everything, it's such a pain to find parking downtown. I really hated commuting. Especially in the winter. That and the cost of tuition and everything is crazy now days.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/325/190

Height: 5'9"

Last edited by alisonlerae; 07-31-2010 at 03:28 AM.
alisonlerae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBun View Post
Heh, I'm very much a homebody too, and I'm not familiar with a lot of the Portland metro area either so don't feel bad haha.

I went through a phase when I didn't do so well and had to go back to community college. So I took a break and then did that. I may end up at PSU again in the near future for a BS, but I haven't decided yet. Even though I like the campus and everything, it's such a pain to find parking downtown. I really hated commuting. Especially in the winter. That and the cost of tuition and everything is crazy now days.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one, some people look at me crazy that I'm unfamiliar, I also moved away for 3+ years and when I came back things were different! I prefer the suburbs anyways

Tell me about the cost! Its crazy! Took me 4 years of community college mixed with time off to get to university and my goodness it's different. I pretty much refuse to drive to campus lol, I take the max. Its much longer of commute but driving there stresses me out so bad!
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:53 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonlerae View Post
Thanks alisonlerae!

Quote:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one, some people look at me crazy that I'm unfamiliar, I also moved away for 3+ years and when I came back things were different! I prefer the suburbs anyways

Tell me about the cost! Its crazy! Took me 4 years of community college mixed with time off to get to university and my goodness it's different. I pretty much refuse to drive to campus lol, I take the max. Its much longer of commute but driving there stresses me out so bad!
I'm with you. I generally stick to the area around my home if I can help it. With the price of gas, who wants to drive around all over anyway. I can't always help it though. It seems like all of my friends are on the other side of town haha.

Lucky! The max doesn't come anywhere near me so I took the bus to PSU every day for about a year and I was SO fed up. Then I started driving the last summer term I was there and wanted to run all the pedestrians over and I could never find parking. The meters ate all my money! It was so frustrating. On top of that I was spending over $200 a term on art supplies as an art major. The stress of that place and being new to college just got to me. I just didn't do very well there at the time. So far I'm doing a lot better in community college, but yeah, I'm not really looking forward to all of the stress and fees of a university again. It's kind of a necessary evil though.

So how are you liking WW? Do you go to meetings or track online?

Last edited by ChubbyBun; 07-31-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

I'm actually not on ww. Its something I have thought about but cant afford right now especially since I'm not sure about the commitment.
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:26 AM   #21  

Quote:
I'm actually not on ww. Its something I have thought about but cant afford right now especially since I'm not sure about the commitment.
Oh ok, I just realized I clicked the wrong link and read someone else's intro instead of yours haha. *facepalm*

Yeah, the WW meetings are too pricey for me right now too, so I do it at home. And then weigh in weekly with Mandaloef over the phone haha. I'm hoping that sticking with WW combined with the gym is going to give me the momentum I need to stay on track. If you ever wanna know more about WW and how to do it without signing up I'd be happy to explain it. It's not hard, and you don't have to pay for services or meal plans. You learn the system, then go to work watching your points. The meetings and memberships are just if you want to pay to attend the meetings or have the online tools.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 320+/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Dana! Welcome to the board! Good luck with your goals! You can do it! =)
lylmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

So many of us have been heavy for what seems like forever (age 10 for me) and I wish you entirely the best, it can be done (and maintained) and there are a number of wonderful folks around who can help you on your journey.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #24  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Hi Dana! Welcome to 3FC
Good luck with your journey!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylmeg View Post
Hi Dana! Welcome to the board! Good luck with your goals! You can do it! =)
Thank you so much lylmeg! Good luck with yours as well. We both can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy Girl View Post
So many of us have been heavy for what seems like forever (age 10 for me) and I wish you entirely the best, it can be done (and maintained) and there are a number of wonderful folks around who can help you on your journey.
I think in a lot of cases it's a result of the bad habits we learned as kids, or rather the lack of good ones? I know that my mother was never very concerned about my diet as a child, and we ate out a lot as a result of her being too busy to cook. I think she thought I'd just grow out of it or something. Either way, I feel like I've been battling to undo it all my life. I think the last time I was a healthy weight was when I was five. It's difficult to retrain yourself to eat and prepare food when you've been doing it one way all of your life. Hopefully we can all learn and help each other as we do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylil View Post
Hi Dana! Welcome to 3FC
Good luck with your journey!
Hi katylil! Thank you and good luck to you too.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Well said, and very true. It' hard undoing a life time of learned behaviour but knowing that is half the battle.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote