Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #1  

Default New girl telling my story... kinda long

Hello to all. Just wanted to introduce myself and give a brief history of my situation.
I'm a 33 year old mother of 2 boys. After my second child was born I was up to 210 lbs. When ds #2 was about 3 months old I started back to school for medical billing and coding. I also started a new diet at the Diet Center. Since I had a newborn and was going to school (online) I never left the house, All I did was take care of my baby, study and exercise. Losing the weight was fairly easy. Now I'm working 8 hours a day and I live about and hour from my job so all I do is work and take care of my family. I've traded carrying my kids around on my hip and exercise for sitting at a computer all day. To make matters worse, every time I turn around the hospital is giving away free ice cream, having pot-luck lunches and other random parties. Now I have a hard enough time turning down sweets but free sweets... I haven't a chance! I originally lost 50 pounds but since starting work have gained 20 back and the sale only seems to be going up. The food I eat is only a portion of the problem. Another big problem is finding the time to exercise. The only time I have is if I get up at 5 AM. I HATE getting up early. The alarm goes off and I make up an excuse to go back to bed almost every time.
I am badly in need of some direction/ motivation here. Can someone give me a lil shove in the right direction or maybe some words of wisdom b4 I gain all the weight back?
P.S.
I've been asked 3 times in the past month if I was pregnant
deltamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/190/160

Height: 5'3

Hi and welcome! I am new here too and have found it awesome to have loads of resources at hand....

Now I am not in your same situation, but I too sit at a desk all day and find it hard to bypass the sweets that are always around. My strategy is to have healthy alternatives... as I find I usually give in to sweets when I am feeling slightly hungry. So I have trail mix, apples and peanut butter (sooo good together!) and veggies with humus all on hand so that I never feel hungry and therefore am slightly more armoured against the attack of donut day.

Also I suck at getting up in the early morning, heck its hard to even get up for work...and then after work all I want to do is hang out with my man and friends... but I have managed to sneak some good work out time in with Jillian Micheals 30 day shred... seriously its awesome. Only 20 minutes and you work out hard! I love it. Its a lot easier to wake up 20 minutes early compared to an hour.

Just thought I would share what works for me. I hope you are able to rock out and get your goals on track!
ChevysandSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #4  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome and glad you are here. I feel your pain about the office environment. Mine is detrimental to my goals right now so I avoid all parties and the break room. If someone comes by my office with offers of sweets or other foods I pass them up. I have been with this company for 4 yrs now and I have noticed we ALL have gained some serious weight. Co-workers can undermine all efforts at losing weight. For me I switched my schedule so I am not going to lunch with most others so the temptations are not there. Just some of the things I do to make sure I stay on track.. good luck and keep us posted
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Hi there! I am new as well and don't have much advise to offer at this point. But, I just wanted to second what someone posted above about Jillian Michael's 30 day shred being a great workout. I love it! It is hard enough but not so hard that I give up. It is only 20 min. so It seems more doable than a lot of other things. Good luck!!
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Welcome to 3FC. I'm glad you joined and I'm sure this site will be a big part of the success that I KNOW you will have!

I think if you sit down and take a good long look at your day, you might be able to find more opportunities to fit in exercise. For me, I take the stairs four times a day. It's just something I do now and I KNOW it helps. I also sometimes use my lunch break to just walk around in the building or outside (if it isn't too hot). In general, I try to move as much as possible...it adds up, I promise. I also have a desk job, but I don't let that keep me from moving around.

Also, as far as getting up in the morning, I have the SAME problem. I cannot will myself to get up any earlier than I absolutely have, have, have to. Maybe you could start with just 10 or 15 minutes of exercise in the morning and work your way up? Gradual changes tend to stick more than drastic ones or those that make us miserable.

You can do this and we are all here for support and encouragement. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone. Just getting the whole thing off my chest and receiving positive reinforcement is making me feel a little bit better. I will definately check into that workout video. 20 minutes seems much more do-able than 30-45 minutes. It's a start
I'll keep ya posted.
deltamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 244.6/237/155

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, I'm new too. Good luck with your journey!
MellyWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #9  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote