Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #1  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default New need help being held accountable!

Hello everyone my name is Adrianna I am 29 years old. I have alot of weight to loose I started at 380lbs I lost 40 lbs on my own but I was mostly just starving myself, and I really need some help being held accountable for what I eat everyday I usually do pretty good all day and then at night I will just blow it and let my cravings get the best of me. I feel like it's easier to just eat nothing at all then to try to eat anything because then I don't have to think about it and when I do eat I usually overeat at night. I'm trying desperately to get the hang of counting calories. I am also an emotional eater and have depression so that makes it harder but I'm sure a lot of you are probably in the same boat.

I also need help being held accountable for my workouts I workout with 5 8 and 10 lb weights and aerobics outside for an hour, then I do the treadmill for up to an hour also I have gotten pretty good at it but I never keep it up I usually keep it up for a week then just stop again. I have a lot of workout videos I want to do also when I lose more weight I have a bad knee from slipping on some ice a few years ago so I can't really do squats and most of the moves are hard to do when you are so overweight so I want to lose more from walking and for aerobics I just kind of do whatever I can do for an hour outside.

I am going to be 30 soon and I really want this weight off!! It has ruined my life up to this point and I am really sick of it. I want it to be off in 1 or 2 years because I am getting older now and I don't want to live like this anymore. It's really hard to do all by myself I feel like if I had somewhere that I had to post what I ate for the day and if I did my workout that would really help because then I would have to or have to post that I didn't lol And it would also help me count my calories having to post what I ate everyday.

Wondering if anyone is around the same weight here trying to lose it also I know I am really high

I ordered the stax system by chris powell and I am going to be doing his diet of 5 small meals a day and belly fat cure with it. I'm still waiting for it in the mail and I still need to buy the belly fat cure book. Is anyone else doing those sytems here?

This is really very embarrassing for me but I really need help. I have no one to help me or talk to about this. I really hope to make some buddies on here to hold me accountable. Is there any forum where people post their menus and workouts for the day on here? Or should I be having a blog or something for that?

Sorry for the long introduction I hope you all are still awake
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Adrianna and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #3  

hey, just wanted to say hi there, I'm pretty new here but it's real easy to feel at home. I started at just over 300lbs and so mostly hang around in the 100lb support group (for people who want to lose 100lb) you could hang there or if you could hang in the 300lb+ club.

I know in both groups there's always people posting for buddies - just jump in and look around and so don't feel embarrassed asking for help, cos everyone here is really kind and even though everyone has their own number to lose, everyone is here to make it happen.

PS Do you want a buddy the same weight as you?
debs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #4  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Adrianna, I am glad you are here and I can relate to where you are at. I am struggling with the all or nothing factor also but for me I look at my body like my car if I don't put gas in my car it will not run same goes for my body if I don't eat (i e fuel) then I will not be able to run or do the things i love to do.

You will find a lot of support here and we look forward to reading about your goals and achievements
Quote:
Originally Posted by going2bskinny View Post
Hello everyone my name is Adrianna I am 29 years old. I have alot of weight to loose I started at 380lbs I lost 40 lbs on my own but I was mostly just starving myself, and I really need some help being held accountable for what I eat everyday I usually do pretty good all day and then at night I will just blow it and let my cravings get the best of me. I feel like it's easier to just eat nothing at all then to try to eat anything because then I don't have to think about it and when I do eat I usually overeat at night. I'm trying desperately to get the hang of counting calories. I am also an emotional eater and have depression so that makes it harder but I'm sure a lot of you are probably in the same boat.

I also need help being held accountable for my workouts I workout with 5 8 and 10 lb weights and aerobics outside for an hour, then I do the treadmill for up to an hour also I have gotten pretty good at it but I never keep it up I usually keep it up for a week then just stop again. I have a lot of workout videos I want to do also when I lose more weight I have a bad knee from slipping on some ice a few years ago so I can't really do squats and most of the moves are hard to do when you are so overweight so I want to lose more from walking and for aerobics I just kind of do whatever I can do for an hour outside.

I am going to be 30 soon and I really want this weight off!! It has ruined my life up to this point and I am really sick of it. I want it to be off in 1 or 2 years because I am getting older now and I don't want to live like this anymore. It's really hard to do all by myself I feel like if I had somewhere that I had to post what I ate for the day and if I did my workout that would really help because then I would have to or have to post that I didn't lol And it would also help me count my calories having to post what I ate everyday.

Wondering if anyone is around the same weight here trying to lose it also I know I am really high

I ordered the stax system by chris powell and I am going to be doing his diet of 5 small meals a day and belly fat cure with it. I'm still waiting for it in the mail and I still need to buy the belly fat cure book. Is anyone else doing those sytems here?

This is really very embarrassing for me but I really need help. I have no one to help me or talk to about this. I really hope to make some buddies on here to hold me accountable. Is there any forum where people post their menus and workouts for the day on here? Or should I be having a blog or something for that?

Sorry for the long introduction I hope you all are still awake
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #5  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Hi Adrianna and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Thanks Onederchic I read your weight loss story its very inspiring for me I pray I have the same kind of success Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Thanks Onederchic I read your weight loss story its very inspiring for me I pray I have the same kind of success Thanks for sharing your story.

You're welcome. I look forward to following your progress and success here so keep posting with us
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #7  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs54 View Post
hey, just wanted to say hi there, I'm pretty new here but it's real easy to feel at home. I started at just over 300lbs and so mostly hang around in the 100lb support group (for people who want to lose 100lb) you could hang there or if you could hang in the 300lb+ club.

I know in both groups there's always people posting for buddies - just jump in and look around and so don't feel embarrassed asking for help, cos everyone here is really kind and even though everyone has their own number to lose, everyone is here to make it happen.

PS Do you want a buddy the same weight as you?
aaw thanks I'm glad to see there are people here around the same goals that I am. Thanks for the info too I'll check out those forums.

I'm not really sure if one buddy would be enough for me, if only one person is watching me I'd feel like I could slack more probably lol. I'll probably just post a thread somewhere saying what I ate that day and if I did my workout and whoever wants to come scold me or congratulate me it will be good I don't really want to be given much slack since I really want to get all this weight off in a year or 2 tops.

My buddies don't have to be the same weight as me I'm just glad some are here so I can ask specific health questions that I am experiencing with it. And it's inspiring seeing people who were the same weight as me or close who did it.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #8  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing It 2010 View Post
Adrianna, I am glad you are here and I can relate to where you are at. I am struggling with the all or nothing factor also but for me I look at my body like my car if I don't put gas in my car it will not run same goes for my body if I don't eat (i e fuel) then I will not be able to run or do the things i love to do.

You will find a lot of support here and we look forward to reading about your goals and achievements
great thanks yes I know how you feel I did a water fast for 8 days and I really didn't like how I could barely move. I am learning alot about nutrition now and want to just start eating healthy small meals 5 or so times a day so I can continue doing my workouts I built a pretty good amount of muscle now I don't want to lose.

Are you a runner I just started looking into that I have 2 runners magazines coming obviously I can't really run right now cuz of my weight and my bad knee but I feel like I really want to get into more running when a little more weight comes off probably when I get in the 200s somewhere whenever I feel like my knee feels like it can handle it. I did jog some already on the treadmill and my knee ached for like 2 days after so I'm going to wait a while and just walk for now. And I have a treadmill so makes sense to go that route. That's always the part I hated the walking and running so I figure I'm going to try to make it a game for me so I will like it more. And maybe some good running shoes will help my knee more I'm just starting to look into that so if you know of any I'd appreciate any info on it
Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #9  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
You're welcome. I look forward to following your progress and success here so keep posting with us
ok will do thanks alot
Old 07-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #10  
Defying Gravity

hahaha no I am not a runner, amazing how one word left out can change a sentence, I meant to type run around.. no I am a walker, I walk 5 days a week at the gym.

My calorie intake is only about 1300 a day and I am under many days, I think I need to increase it as today i am very tired.

Glad you are here!

Quote:
great thanks yes I know how you feel I did a water fast for 8 days and I really didn't like how I could barely move. I am learning alot about nutrition now and want to just start eating healthy small meals 5 or so times a day so I can continue doing my workouts I built a pretty good amount of muscle now I don't want to lose.

Are you a runner I just started looking into that I have 2 runners magazines coming obviously I can't really run right now cuz of my weight and my bad knee but I feel like I really want to get into more running when a little more weight comes off probably when I get in the 200s somewhere whenever I feel like my knee feels like it can handle it. I did jog some already on the treadmill and my knee ached for like 2 days after so I'm going to wait a while and just walk for now. And I have a treadmill so makes sense to go that route. That's always the part I hated the walking and running so I figure I'm going to try to make it a game for me so I will like it more. And maybe some good running shoes will help my knee more I'm just starting to look into that so if you know of any I'd appreciate any info on it
Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #11  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

oh ok lol sorry about that. I still need to figure out all my calories and stuff I'm having a hard time with that. I really wish I could afford an ipod touch I seen such cool apps for that.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #12  
Defying Gravity

hahaha no worries, have you tried looking on ebay for a itouch? I bought myself one this past Christmas and I love it but I haven't downloaded any programs for weight loss onto it, what ones do you recommend?

Quote:
oh ok lol sorry about that. I still need to figure out all my calories and stuff I'm having a hard time with that. I really wish I could afford an ipod touch I seen such cool apps for that.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #13  

Adrianna,

All the best of luck in your weight loss. One thing that I would recommend is to take it in small chunks. A lot of people try to "lose weight FAST," but the problem with this is it's really unhealthy overall and you'll almost certainly put the weight back on. However, if you gradually drop the pounds, you'll not only appreciate the effort more, you'll be able to keep the lost weight off.

It's also important to remember that losing weight is simply a numbers game. Burn more calories (appx 3500/lb) than you consume and you'll consistently lose weight. It's essential to learn how many calories YOUR body burns in the average day. This understanding is power and takes a little bit of vigilant record keeping over time (at LEAST 2 weeks) to get a solid estimate. You need to use the following formula to estimate your daily calorie burn:

Weight lost(or gained) day-over-day * 3500 + number of calories consumed during the day

I try to lose 2 lbs per week. So I undercut my average number of calories burned per day by approximately 1000 (1000*7 = 7000/wk/3500 cal/lb = 2lbs weight loss per week.

It's worked really well so far (since I started 5/14/10) (NOTE: I'd print my weight loss graph here, but I'm too new myself to be able to)

The one catch is that you have to continue to monitor your calorie intake/burn, because the more you lose, the fewer calories you burn. As I have lost, I have very gradually (5-10% of my 30 day running calorie average) adjusted my calorie intake to maintain my weight loss rate.

Hope that helps!

Augustine
Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #14  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing It 2010 View Post
hahaha no worries, have you tried looking on ebay for a itouch? I bought myself one this past Christmas and I love it but I haven't downloaded any programs for weight loss onto it, what ones do you recommend?
Oh I haven't really yet I thought I heard a new one was going to be coming out in sept so I'm trying to save up for it since I don't have enough right now for it neways. Some apps I want to get are these ones:

loseit.com to track calories
tapbots.com/software/weightbot to track weight
appshopper.com/healthcare-fitness/fitnessplan to track & plan workouts

I haven't looked in a while cuz I haven't been able to afford one but once I do I'll go on a big search for more apps lol maybe we should start a thread for ipod fitness apps if there isn't one already.

p.s. oh this wont let me post links yet hope this goes through
Old 07-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #15  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
Adrianna,

All the best of luck in your weight loss. One thing that I would recommend is to take it in small chunks. A lot of people try to "lose weight FAST," but the problem with this is it's really unhealthy overall and you'll almost certainly put the weight back on. However, if you gradually drop the pounds, you'll not only appreciate the effort more, you'll be able to keep the lost weight off.

It's also important to remember that losing weight is simply a numbers game. Burn more calories (appx 3500/lb) than you consume and you'll consistently lose weight. It's essential to learn how many calories YOUR body burns in the average day. This understanding is power and takes a little bit of vigilant record keeping over time (at LEAST 2 weeks) to get a solid estimate. You need to use the following formula to estimate your daily calorie burn:

Weight lost(or gained) day-over-day * 3500 + number of calories consumed during the day

I try to lose 2 lbs per week. So I undercut my average number of calories burned per day by approximately 1000 (1000*7 = 7000/wk/3500 cal/lb = 2lbs weight loss per week.

It's worked really well so far (since I started 5/14/10) (NOTE: I'd print my weight loss graph here, but I'm too new myself to be able to)

The one catch is that you have to continue to monitor your calorie intake/burn, because the more you lose, the fewer calories you burn. As I have lost, I have very gradually (5-10% of my 30 day running calorie average) adjusted my calorie intake to maintain my weight loss rate.

Hope that helps!

Augustine
Thanks Augustine,
I really appreciate the help! With the stax program that I sent for its really just an overpriced tupperware system but lol I thought it would really help me because I have a really hard time remembering to eat all day at certain times and it comes with a timer so that will help alot and it portions out your meals for you which I have a hard time doing also by myself. I also like that it comes with 3 phases which is pretty much what you said it adjusts your calories for you when you hit a plateau so that you can keep your metabolism high and keep losing weight. You just cycle the 3 phases whenever you stop losing weight over a 2 week period.

Anyone could probably do that system if your interested just with getting some tupperware yourself and labeling it and then if you had a timer which I'm sure they have on like a iphone or something like that. I was going to make my own but I don't have a timer and just figured I'd get it if the tupperware every goes bad though I'll just be buying replacements from the store though cuz those are pretty spendy lol. There are videos on youtube how the 3 phases work just search stax system if anyone is interested in that.

Has anyone tried this sytem here?

Thanks for the calorie help I really need it