Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #1  

Default Thankful to have found a place...

...for support, to hopefully meet friends, and get serious about my weight-loss goals.

Just a blurb about me - my name's Rachael, I'm 24, a Massachusetts native currently in college in New Hampshire. I was once incredibly active - martial arts, horseback riding, softball, skiing - but haven't been for a handful of years due to life just happening. Too busy, moving, school, relationships, etc.

I am incredibly terrified of being fat for the rest of my life. I'm 5'5, and currently weighing it at about 250-255ish. I come from a family of big people - big personalities, big accomplishments, big waistlines. Dad is a kind old soul who is a food-pusher. Mom has obsessed over her weight for as long as I can remember. I have a strong love/hate relationship with food that I need to come to terms with.

I'm very glad to have found this community, because right now I am feeling very much alone in a long uphill battle. I have yo-yo'd from a size 12-24. I have gained, lost, and regained enough weight to equal a few small people. I am having a hard time getting motivated, even though I am unhappy with what I see in the mirror every day.

I will be 25 at the end of this year, and I'm not waiting until then to get serious about my health. I need to start now.
Foxlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 18/16/12 (AU dress sizes)

Height: 165cm (5'5")

Welcome!
GoldenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #3  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

welcome! this is a good place for info and support. good luck on your journey!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Rachael and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome and glad you are here, you will find many here who are or have been in the same boat as you. Reach out and they will offer great support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlette View Post
...for support, to hopefully meet friends, and get serious about my weight-loss goals.

Just a blurb about me - my name's Rachael, I'm 24, a Massachusetts native currently in college in New Hampshire. I was once incredibly active - martial arts, horseback riding, softball, skiing - but haven't been for a handful of years due to life just happening. Too busy, moving, school, relationships, etc.

I am incredibly terrified of being fat for the rest of my life. I'm 5'5, and currently weighing it at about 250-255ish. I come from a family of big people - big personalities, big accomplishments, big waistlines. Dad is a kind old soul who is a food-pusher. Mom has obsessed over her weight for as long as I can remember. I have a strong love/hate relationship with food that I need to come to terms with.

I'm very glad to have found this community, because right now I am feeling very much alone in a long uphill battle. I have yo-yo'd from a size 12-24. I have gained, lost, and regained enough weight to equal a few small people. I am having a hard time getting motivated, even though I am unhappy with what I see in the mirror every day.

I will be 25 at the end of this year, and I'm not waiting until then to get serious about my health. I need to start now.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 AM   #6  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

No better time than the present!!! Sooooooooo, what are your plans??? Do you have a specific food regimen you are going to follow? Weight Watchers, calorie counting, etc? What about exercise? Are you a member of a gym? Do you plan on doing workout videos, have home gym equipment etc?
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:06 AM   #8  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

welcome I am new also all the best of luck to you
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlag View Post
No better time than the present!!! Sooooooooo, what are your plans??? Do you have a specific food regimen you are going to follow? Weight Watchers, calorie counting, etc? What about exercise? Are you a member of a gym? Do you plan on doing workout videos, have home gym equipment etc?
Thank you all so much for the kind words! I am super excited to be here.

Jenlag - I am trying to go more "paleo" in my diet. If it didn't walk on the earth, or grow from it, I'm going to try to avoid it. Cutting out processed crap. Kicked smoking, dropping soda like a rock. I already feel a difference in my body. My skin is clearing up dramatically, and I feel GOOD.

Just re-joined a gym. Feels good to be back. I've done this before, but going to work on making it stick this time around. Alternating cardio with strength training, appropriately timed rest day, targeting specific muscle groups, etc. My gym also has a heated olympic-sized pool, that's salt water instead of chlorine. It's really nice to swim in. I've always been a strong swimmer, and the best part of swimming is you can feel long and lean in the water, even if you aren't. Right now I'm averaging about 15 laps, before I need to take a break! So, hoping to keep up with that!

Thanks again all!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

woohoo! Foxlette, I smell success! Sounds like you've really got a good plan. Stick to it and stay motivated! I didn't realize how much processed crap I really ate before starting my journey to freedom last year. Everything was low calorie this or that, but all j-u-n-k!

My last cigarette was 4/20/2009 and I joined the gym on 5/27/2009. I needed the gym for motivation and to get me in the right direction, but I no longer go and do all my own exercising at home with videos. Quitting smoking and starting the gym were the two best things for me personally, and I hope they are just as effective for you too!
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #11  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Welcome! Everyone is so lovely here. Pop over to the 20 somethings thread.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the site!!! You'll love it here.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlag View Post
My last cigarette was 4/20/2009 and I joined the gym on 5/27/2009. I needed the gym for motivation and to get me in the right direction, but I no longer go and do all my own exercising at home with videos. Quitting smoking and starting the gym were the two best things for me personally, and I hope they are just as effective for you too!
Here's hoping! Congrats on your accomplishments!

Thanks for the welcomes. I have definitely already made an appearance in the 20-somethings. I like it over there.