Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #1  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Smile I'm new!

Hey, I'm Katy

I'm 5"6' and started at 163 pounds on May 25th.

I'm now (12th of July) down to 152 pounds (yay!), but lately I've been slacking quite a lot, both in exercise and my eating habits, so I decided to join a forum to keep me motivated

I've spent so many years trying every diet going. Weight Watchers worked whilst I was counting, but as soon as I got too busy to count, or had no chance to go online to point, I lost focus and the weight piled back on. Cabbage Soup, Atkins, Dukan, Hay...none of them worked.

I gained an extra 8.8 pounds this year during my first year at uni (= alcohol and junk food and not a lot of exercise...) and when I arrived home for summer I decided enough was enough. I want to lose the weight but I also want to be healthy again. So I decided to lose the weight MY way. With no strict "diet" guidelines.

My motto is: I'm not on a diet. I'm on a Healthy Eating Plan.

So I cut out most of the junk food (sometimes a Chinese is the only solution), cut down on coffee, started eating a big breakfast of toast, fruit and yoghurt; I swapped sandwiches for tuna or ham salads at lunch, stopped eating carbs at dinner and went heavy on the fresh fruit and veg at all times.

Snacks are almonds or 0% fat yoghurts instead of biscuits, and I started exercising: at least 20 minutes of controlled exercise (aerobics videos, elliptical machine, jogging) plus all the walking and running up and down stairs that I do at work every day.

I'm hoping to be at 143 pounds by 2nd of September which is when I fly back to uni. I know that if I stay focussed, I can do it. So here goes!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #3  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Hey Katy welcome to the forums, you will find a lot of support here and guidance
Quote:
Originally Posted by katylil View Post
Hey, I'm Katy

I'm 5"6' and started at 163 pounds on May 25th.

I'm now (12th of July) down to 152 pounds (yay!), but lately I've been slacking quite a lot, both in exercise and my eating habits, so I decided to join a forum to keep me motivated

I've spent so many years trying every diet going. Weight Watchers worked whilst I was counting, but as soon as I got too busy to count, or had no chance to go online to point, I lost focus and the weight piled back on. Cabbage Soup, Atkins, Dukan, Hay...none of them worked.

I gained an extra 8.8 pounds this year during my first year at uni (= alcohol and junk food and not a lot of exercise...) and when I arrived home for summer I decided enough was enough. I want to lose the weight but I also want to be healthy again. So I decided to lose the weight MY way. With no strict "diet" guidelines.

My motto is: I'm not on a diet. I'm on a Healthy Eating Plan.

So I cut out most of the junk food (sometimes a Chinese is the only solution), cut down on coffee, started eating a big breakfast of toast, fruit and yoghurt; I swapped sandwiches for tuna or ham salads at lunch, stopped eating carbs at dinner and went heavy on the fresh fruit and veg at all times.

Snacks are almonds or 0% fat yoghurts instead of biscuits, and I started exercising: at least 20 minutes of controlled exercise (aerobics videos, elliptical machine, jogging) plus all the walking and running up and down stairs that I do at work every day.

I'm hoping to be at 143 pounds by 2nd of September which is when I fly back to uni. I know that if I stay focussed, I can do it. So here goes!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Katy -

We have a UK Chicks forum you might want to check out!

Seems like you have a great plan in place that will carry you not only through loss, but into maintenance.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #5  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #6  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

thank you!!!!!