Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/167/130

Height: 5'5.5

Default Hello there... I'm Sofia

Hey guys, I'm a 20 year old student that's ready to begin her weight loss journey!! Gosh, I sound like a freaking commercial, but it's true. Over the past 2 years I have steadily gained almost 40 pounds!! For the most part I've ignored the tell tale signs of my weight gain. You know, having to constantly go a size up in jeans when shopping for new clothes or having your previous summer clothes not fit you anymore. I nearly had a breakdown in the dressing room the other day because I felt so unhealthy, unfit and sad. My current lifestyle (the one of a university student) does not allow me to be active enough or eat the right types of foods (we're talking pizza for lunch everyday with the garlic dipping, people). Anyways I want to start a weight loss regime, lose the weight I've gained and gain back the confidence I've lost! I've already bought the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I finally have a gym membership, yay! Even though I have never really stuck to a workout schedule I'll try to do one now and more importantly through the school year!! Thanks for reading!

xo Sofia.
sofia25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #2  
Crazy Cat Woman

S/C/G: 284/274/165

Height: 5' 4"

Hi there! I'm new here too, my name's Raquel. Over the last year I've gained about 60 pounds. It's partly my gaming lifestyle, I love gaming and I love meeting people while gaming. But it's rather a sedentary lifestyle, and one I need to balance with more physical activity. I've started a hobby of reading food blogs, and I've noticed a great many of them are by people who like to eat healthy. Heck, a couple of my favorites are by a vegetarian and a vegan! I've found great recipes through these blogs and through my favorite cooking sites, as well as valuable info on healthy eating, and I've decided it's high time I really put it into practice and start my weight loss. It's great to find a site that has all this support and encouragement!

Ack! I rattled on there for a bit! It's so nice to meet you and find this site. Good luck on your goals, and hope we can all help each other along the way!
duckchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/325/190

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies, welcome.
alisonlerae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #4  
Crazy Cat Woman

Thanks muchly!

ETA: I'm not a vegetarian, but I've found very good recipes on such sites, and lots of healthy info. Just wanted to make sure I didn't give the wrong impression.

Last edited by duckchick; 07-10-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #5  
Lifer

hi gals!! newbie here also
junamae1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #6  
Crazy Cat Woman

Hello there! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here, and learning about myself in the process!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #7  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome , we are really glad you are here, keep posting and keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofia25 View Post
Hey guys, I'm a 20 year old student that's ready to begin her weight loss journey!! Gosh, I sound like a freaking commercial, but it's true. Over the past 2 years I have steadily gained almost 40 pounds!! For the most part I've ignored the tell tale signs of my weight gain. You know, having to constantly go a size up in jeans when shopping for new clothes or having your previous summer clothes not fit you anymore. I nearly had a breakdown in the dressing room the other day because I felt so unhealthy, unfit and sad. My current lifestyle (the one of a university student) does not allow me to be active enough or eat the right types of foods (we're talking pizza for lunch everyday with the garlic dipping, people). Anyways I want to start a weight loss regime, lose the weight I've gained and gain back the confidence I've lost! I've already bought the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I finally have a gym membership, yay! Even though I have never really stuck to a workout schedule I'll try to do one now and more importantly through the school year!! Thanks for reading!

xo Sofia.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #8  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote