3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello from northern Alberta!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/206268-hello-northern-alberta.html)

alanah 07-03-2010 11:47 PM

Hello from northern Alberta!!

Hello everyone!

I came across this site one day - not sure what I was looking for -- lapband friendly recipes perhaps (??) -- but lurked around for a bit and decided that I should really sign up and join!

I've been battling weight for a while now - diet just didn't do it, did Herbal Magic and lost quite a bit of weight on that - but then gained it back. Went on it again, managed to gain weight with it .... *sigh* and then 2 years ago (in August) I decided to make something permanent out of it and had lapband surgery in Tijuana. The *best* decision of my life .... I had to put it on hold for a year though. Lost some weight and gained a baby in the process (didn't think it would actually happen....) ;)

Now that Kate is here, well she'll be 10 months tomorrow .... I just noticed now the scale is starting to move down again. I've been at a 10 month plateau (even though i've lost inches ... just not pounds). I'm still a member of the OCC forum, but its always nice to get out and about and meet other people.

I'm already back at work (since Kate was 6 months old) and its pretty hard to get any time on the computer but promise to make it once or twice a week ..... its great to have support and most days ..... I could really use it!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Alana :carrot: <----- I had to use the carrot, it's too funny not to!

Onederchic 07-03-2010 11:59 PM

Hi Alana and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

alanah 07-04-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 3369960)
Hi Alana and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

Thanks so much Michelle!!! ;)

Losing It 2010 07-04-2010 07:14 AM

Welcome

Hi Alana welcome to the forums. Congrats (6 mos later) on your daughter's arrival and being able to focus on so much. Keep your chin up and moving forward all will fall into place in time

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanah (Post 3369952)
Hello everyone!

I came across this site one day - not sure what I was looking for -- lapband friendly recipes perhaps (??) -- but lurked around for a bit and decided that I should really sign up and join!

I've been battling weight for a while now - diet just didn't do it, did Herbal Magic and lost quite a bit of weight on that - but then gained it back. Went on it again, managed to gain weight with it .... *sigh* and then 2 years ago (in August) I decided to make something permanent out of it and had lapband surgery in Tijuana. The *best* decision of my life .... I had to put it on hold for a year though. Lost some weight and gained a baby in the process (didn't think it would actually happen....) ;)

Now that Kate is here, well she'll be 10 months tomorrow .... I just noticed now the scale is starting to move down again. I've been at a 10 month plateau (even though i've lost inches ... just not pounds). I'm still a member of the OCC forum, but its always nice to get out and about and meet other people.

I'm already back at work (since Kate was 6 months old) and its pretty hard to get any time on the computer but promise to make it once or twice a week ..... its great to have support and most days ..... I could really use it!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Alana :carrot: <----- I had to use the carrot, it's too funny not to!