n00b loser

• On April 5, 2010 I decided that I was finally ready to lose some weight. It took me eight months of weight training at the gym to realize that I can lose weight and I don't have to be afraid to try. That I won't be betraying Fat Acceptance. And that I don't have to be invisible to men to be safe to live my life.

Then I met my husband, we moved in together and I slowly gained 120 lbs over 12 years. I never thought I would have 100 lbs to lose, much less 120. I'm afraid that I will fail. I am afraid if I succeed I will be tempted to fool around or attract abusive or stalkerish guys. But I'm more afraid of feeling badly all the time, not being able to wear what I want and not being able to physically keep up when people are walking.

In May I added a reduced calorie diet (1,000 - 1,200 cal/day low fat and carbs) to my gym efforts. I lost 10 lbs. over two months. This week I added Phentermine and a liter of water a day. I hope to be up to 2 liters shortly.

So wish me luck.
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Thank you!
  • Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
  • Jess, its Matt! Welcome to 3fcs!
  • BTW, I'm usually in the "100 pound club" forum here. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Thanks DhaniCauldwell, and Hi matt_H! matt_H, thanks for letting me know about this Forum.
  • Welcome! Good luck with your efforts!
  • Thanks, Liliann!
  • Welcome
    Welcome to the forums and KUDOS to you for taking on so much for your health and well being. Keep us updated on your progress

Quote: On April 5, 2010 I decided that I was finally ready to lose some weight. It took me eight months of weight training at the gym to realize that I can lose weight and I don't have to be afraid to try. That I won't be betraying Fat Acceptance. And that I don't have to be invisible to men to be safe to live my life.

Then I met my husband, we moved in together and I slowly gained 120 lbs over 12 years. I never thought I would have 100 lbs to lose, much less 120. I'm afraid that I will fail. I am afraid if I succeed I will be tempted to fool around or attract abusive or stalkerish guys. But I'm more afraid of feeling badly all the time, not being able to wear what I want and not being able to physically keep up when people are walking.

In May I added a reduced calorie diet (1,000 - 1,200 cal/day low fat and carbs) to my gym efforts. I lost 10 lbs. over two months. This week I added Phentermine and a liter of water a day. I hope to be up to 2 liters shortly.

So wish me luck.
  • Thanks, Losing It 2010!