Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/215/140

Height: 5'6.5

Default New need lots of help...

I have been overweight for over five years with the birth of my last child. I gained 100 pounds and have lost almost 30 but I can't seem to get under 200 pounds. I am desperate as we all are and I also have suffered from depression most of my life. I need someone to work with me and try to figure out why we turn to food when we are sad, happy, etc. I'm looking to find the key that will unlock the will power I so desperately need. I'm almost 40 and I am scared to death I want be around to watch my children grow. I've done Jenny Craig, WW, and I now have an appointment with Metabolic Research Center but I fear it will be to costly for me. Besides, being a "research center," they should be paying us, RIGHT...
mnhreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #3  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #4  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

welcome! and conggrats on the 30 you have already lost!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #5  
for my family...

S/C/G: 210/188.2/160

Height: 5'5" age~ 39

YOU sound just like me!! except Ive been yo yo dieting a long time! good luck to you! you have come to a good place for support!
jensmith72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'5"

You're so right about the research center!!

Depression really adds quite a hurdle though.
I have anxiety issues, myself. Sometimes worse than others. The one time I really felt a true "depression", I couldn't believe the power of it. Before that, I honestly believed people could choose whether to have a good day or be happy. Now, I know better.

I hope you get the support you need with that.
As far as non-professional help goes... I would be happy to lend you whatever support I can.

I think this is a really good place. There are so many people and different threads...

I wish much success as you continue this journey.
We can all do this!

take care,
teresa
www.gooddaytodiet.com
treepeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #7  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome to the forums and we are glad you are here, keep posting and letting us know how you are doing. Depression bites the big and is even worse when you aren't eating your comfort foods. One day at a time and keep your chin up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhreams View Post
I have been overweight for over five years with the birth of my last child. I gained 100 pounds and have lost almost 30 but I can't seem to get under 200 pounds. I am desperate as we all are and I also have suffered from depression most of my life. I need someone to work with me and try to figure out why we turn to food when we are sad, happy, etc. I'm looking to find the key that will unlock the will power I so desperately need. I'm almost 40 and I am scared to death I want be around to watch my children grow. I've done Jenny Craig, WW, and I now have an appointment with Metabolic Research Center but I fear it will be to costly for me. Besides, being a "research center," they should be paying us, RIGHT...
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote