Saying Hi

• Hi I'm Mena. I signed up on this site a while ago but have yet to introduce myself. I am 23 years old and in a hurry to finish college. I'm in the process of taking my last class. I've been trying to lose weight for a while now but for some reason just can't get a grip on it. It's been an off and on type of journey, never really sticking to much.
    Had a conversation with my mom yesterday where I told her that I'd been dieting and had lost some weight. She said good for you. She didn't sound very excited, and I told her so. She went on to reply that I had been saying the same thing for the past 10 years and nothing has happened. I laughed it off, but I think subconsciously I was hurt because not a few hours later I went online to buy a pizza. I caught myself and didn't( it took sometime and looking at my bank account to talk myself out of it. lol).
    I know that there are going to be people in my life who are going to be like that, but I PLAN TO IGNORE THEM ALL. I have been mousy and quiet too long, even going as far as to acquire a degree I wanted nothing to do with in order to please my family.
    I am finally; slowly but surely, getting a handle on my life and I'm looking forward to taking control of my weight and finally doing something for myself.

Looking forward to making some friends, I've been reading threads for a while now, and I know how awesome, inspirational and motivating members are on this board. I would love to be a part of that
    Right now I am 252 pounds (the scale does change when I move it to different spots though lol). I have numerous exercise dvds, I mostly lack motivation; I think anyway.
    Sorry this got long
  • Hi Mena and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Welcome Mena! You will find this site a great source of inspiration. Visit often!
  • Welcome! And good luck. : )

Dhani