Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #1  

Arrow Are guys allowed on here?

Hey everyone, after reading a few posts I decided to register in hopes of getting some advice. I was overweight during my early teenage years, but rapidly lost the weight once I made a few changes and really started rolling through puberty. Being fat definitely shaped me into the person I am now, for better or for worse... Like a lot of people here I've got some minor issues with loose skin, but stuff like that can really mess with your head. I'm still very self conscious about my body, even though I work out regularly and am in pretty good shape now.

So let me cut to the chase - I'm a young guy and Im lookin for love, haha. I thought maybe, just maybe, I could meet someone on here who's been through a similar situation. It'd just be nice to already have an understanding about the other persons body and vice verca. Much more comfortable, you know?

So... any thoughts or advice?
jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

There are a few guys on here that post, just not a ton so you are definitely welcome here

Congrats on all of your success!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #3  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Hey and welcome!
You are most definitely welcome here hun!
Congrats on your success so far. And good luck with finding some lurrrvvveee :P x
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #4  
Amazing will be me

hey welcome to 3fc and well done ...........hope you find what your looking for x
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I wish there were MORE guys on here and that they would jump into discussions more often! You are definitely allowed and very welcome here. Guys offer a fresh perspective I think, sometimes.

As far as looking for love, I'm sure you'll find that there are quite a few people here in a similar situation (me!) and lots of people to relate to. We should have a singles board lol.

Good luck and congrats on your progress so far, you should be proud!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I think you will find that us girls flock to the few guys on here. Good luck on your search for a like minded lady.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #8  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your loss! And welcome to the forum
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #9  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! You have done great!
Good luck on finding you a lady. There are a lot here, so I will keep my fingers crossed for ya
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #10  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC!

Congratulations on your weight loss! We have a fantastic maintainers forum at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#maintainers that might interest you. One of the subforums deals with loose skin and other body issues after weight loss. Hopefully it will be useful to you.

Regarding the date, I'm afraid that's one service we don't offer here

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post

Regarding the date, I'm afraid that's one service we don't offer here

Good luck!

you should. big girls need love too, lol
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #12  
Graceful Loser

Welcome! I'm not quite at my goal yet, but I am young, so that's something we have in common. lol

I hope you find what you're looking for here. This is a great place to learn and grow.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #13  

Thanks for the warm welcome! Seems like you all have a good thing going here on 3FC. I'll drop by from time to time and see if I can contribute to any discussions goin on... And maybe sooner or later I'll bump into that special someone.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My advice is to just be yourself. I dated and married a friend of mine who never had a weight problem in his life. He has been my greatest ally and partner. Yes he doesn't understand all the weight issues and yes I have loose skin but he loves me for me and says the loose skin doesn't bother him one bit.

I think when we form relationships, we bring our varied experiences to the relationship, there is no reason that someone has to share your experience exactly in order to have a good relationship.

Anyway, we have resources here that you might find valuable for your own weight loss maintenance such as our maintainers forum for those that have lost weight and are keeping it off.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I think when we form relationships, we bring our varied experiences to the relationship, there is no reason that someone has to share your experience exactly in order to have a good relationship.
Solid advice... I think maybe Im just being a wimp and want to take the easiest route possible - meaning it'd be so much easier to explain loose skin, scars, etc. to someone who is familiar with these issues, but it'd be a little tougher to talk about it with someone who's not.

...but if I find the right girl it shouldn't be a problem. I guess I had it in my head that since being overweight shapes personalities, I'd be more compatible with someone who's also been through the same thing.

Last edited by jeffro; 06-12-2010 at 10:49 PM.