Hello From IA

• Hello everyone. I found this site by doing some research on ketosis & on the ketone stix. I am on day 2 of my low carb diet. I had done the Atkins diet back in 2003-04 to loose weight for my wedding. I had lost 30lbs on it & was happy with the results. I did pretty good for a while but after awhile just completely fell of the band wagon. In the 6 years I have been married I have gained that weight back. I love carbs & that is pretty much everything I eat. I tried cutting back my calories & different things but nothing has worked like cutting the carbs. Considering the amount of carbs I do eat I think I have done good with not gaining more weight then I have. I am currently at 148lbs & I was 135lbs when I married. this time around I would like to get down to 130lbs.

Plus I also do home child care so I have access to food all the time & have noticed that I have been eating some of the leftovers that the kids did not eat. I thought this forum may be good to help me stay on track & will help by reading everyones stories.

As for my ketone stix they are reading that I have a small trace, which I guess is not bad for being day 2. I will feel better when I start to loose.
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Hello and welcome to the board!

Yep- just like any other plan, low carb can make you lose as long as you stick to it! Good luck with your goals and have a great weekend!
  • Welcome. Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
  • Welcome! And good luck.

Dhani
  • Hello and welcome!

Cheers,

J