Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #1  

Default Hello I'm New From San Jose, CA!

Hi guys, My name is Angie, I just joined this forum a couple days ago, thought I'd introduce myself here, maybe I'll be able to find someone for mutual moral support, or maybe even a workout buddy if someone happen to be local

Let's see... After graduating College a year ago I moved back home to San Jose, I'm currently working as a part time administration assistant in a small, private college. I type emails, answer phone calls and sit on my *** all day for the most part - which is totally not helping with my weight loss goals.

A little on the history of my weight issue I guess, food has always been my thing. I ate when I was sad, when I was happy, and when I was bored. Eating is very emotional to me. There's something unnaturally comforting about a box of chocolate or a loaf of bread to me. (Yes, I've eaten a whole loaf by myself, in one sitting, many times...) I've been a chubby kid ever since elementary school. I remember weighing at 100lbs in 3rd grade. My sophomore year in college is probably my lowest(er, highest? haha) point, at 168 lbs, and breaking up with my boyfriend of 5 years, was like a wake up call.

So start my weight loss journey. The summer of my Junior year in College I managed to reach 150lbs. Although far from an ideal/health weight, I felt a lot better both physically and mentally. However once fall semester started I had a dramatic increase in workload, plus extracurricular activities, and my parents' ever worsening marital problems-fueled by deteriorating financial situation at home; but most of all my lack of willpower lead to binge eating. I stopped going to the gym, I stayed up all night and ate fast food/chips/cookies. Carbs has always been my weakness, I remember on weekends I'd go with a few friends to the local Asian market, and get their custard or cream filled white bread. My friends would think that's my breakfast for the coming week, but I know it'll be gone by the end of the day once I get back to my apartment. It was my "quick fix" for when I was stressed/sad. Binge eating made me feel better right away, but once after I'm done swallowing the last bit of whatever I'm eating, I'm again filled with self-pity, guilt and disgust.

Back when I was still with my ex, even though he was never bothered by my weight, I felt insecure a lot of the time because of it, and I know that affected our relationship negatively. After the break up we managed to become friends again after sometime apart. We both date other people since then, I even met a few of his gfs at gatherings hosted by our mutual friends. Once I jokingly asked him if he'd loved me more back then if I was skinny, he told me, in all seriousness, that my weight was never the issues, it's how I always complain about not being able to lose any weight, yet not doing anything about it, that bothered him. We were together for over 5 years. If I had it in me to lose 5 lbs a year, I'd be at my ideal weight by the time we ended out relationship. He said if my weight really bothered me that much and made me unhappy and insecure, I should put in some real effort in accomplishing something that was such a big deal to me...

I don't know, I thought that made a lot of sense. So this time I really want to be responsible for myself, and finish what I started.

Damn this turned out to be super long haha, but yea, point is, I'm new here and I'm determined to stay on track and live a better/healthier life style and lose some weight.
Hopefully I'll meet some like minded friends!
kiwicakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Angie and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

welcome
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #5  

Thanks guys!

Ohh Michelle your weight loss journey is quite inspirational!

Last edited by kiwicakes; 06-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.
kiwicakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Welcome San Jose! from fat chick in Sacramento!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicakes View Post
Thanks guys!

Ohh Michelle your weight loss journey is quite inspirational!
You're welcome and thanks
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote