Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/255.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Talking Newbie here!!

Hello, world!

I can already tell I belong here, because there is a dancing carrot emoticon.

Let's see here, I'm 21, weighing in at 267, and I'm 5'7". I was a healthy kid, not a skinny little rail, but healthy, until I hit puberty. Things just went downhill from there.

I was recently (less than a week ago!) at the doctor's office, and I mentioned my inability to lose weight, despite a practically flawless diet and exercise regime. My doctor asked me some questions and gave me a preliminary diagnosis, that was later verified by a blood test result: Insulin resistant.

That explains why I've been slowly GAINING weight when I've been eating healthy and working out like a mad woman. Luckily, this disorder is extremely treatable with a modified diet and is only life-threatening if it goes undiagnosed. I'm not going to go into detail here, if you're curious I will answer questions (or you can just google it... haha) later.

So now that I know the preliminaries of how *I* need to eat and exercise to lose weight, you can bet this summer I will be a HUGE loser!

I'm so happy to have found this community of lovely ladies (today!) and can't wait to meet some of you and swap stories and successes. I have a long way to go, but I'm very, very excited to start seeing some results! It was so frustrating to work so hard to maintain an unhealthy weight. Sheesh!

So anyway, that's where I am now! Anxious to get this show on the road and see more than a 1 pound loss every couple of months! Hope everyone's day was fabulous.
Size8Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

We have a forum for those who are IR if you would like to check it out - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ce-support-70/

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 AM   #3  
CAUTION: I'm on a Mission

S/C/G: 94kg/89kg/70kg

Height: 5.15 feet

Nesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/255.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ladies!
Size8Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #5  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

So glad you went to the doc about your health! Now you can lose the weight in a healthy way. Welcome!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #6  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Yay welcome to 3FC!
This site is amazing!
Looking forward to hearing your successes! xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote