Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/150

Height: 5'6"

Red face Helloo, I'm Lauren and I'm a foodaholic.

Hi there! I'm a college student from Maryland, who desperately needs some sort of support with weight loss. I found this site just minutes ago, while googling diet pills.. .. (I'm desperate ) I figure, support from ladies in the same situation as me would be loads more effective than some expensive pill that may or may not work.

I love, love, love, food. My issue is: I eat, not because I'm hungry, but because I love the taste of food. Also, since high school, my amount of physical activity has (apparently) drastically decreased. I was in marching band, and I guess that burned a lot of calories? My fooding hasn't changed at all in the last year, but since I graduated and am not in the band anymore, I've gained probably 50 pounds. :/ Freshman 15? I think not. I was also on the chunkier side of average when I graduated. I'd looove to lose 80+ pounds? But for now, I'd like to focus on getting under 200.

I'm excited to make some new friends, give support, and receive support. I can't do this alone! Well, I guess I'll see y'all around the forums!

-Lauren

Last edited by Laurenee; 05-20-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Laurenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lauren and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Hi Lauren,

It's great to have you here! We have a lot in common! I used to live in Maryland as well (annapolis), and it's my goal to lose a total of 90 lbs. I also feel that at one point in time I was truly addicted to food. However, with education and consistencey, we can overcome ANYTHING!

Find an eating plan that works for you. Don't "go on a diet", just make everyday, healthy changes that you will continue for life. If you stick to a plan, the weight will start to DROP off and soon you'll be happier and healthier than ever. Good luck and I wish you all the success in the world!!

:-)
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #4  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Hello fellow Lauren!

Welcome and the best of luck! You will find plenty of support and inspiration here

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to contact me. Would love to help

Last edited by L R K; 05-20-2010 at 04:11 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/155/135

Height: 5'10

Hey Lauren and Welcome! I, like you, have the problem of eating when I'm not hungry. I naturally tend to graze during the day and binge at night, and I am constantly fighting the desire. I, too, gained weight after starting college. After starting South Beach and increasing my exercise, I managed to lose the weight I wanted and keep it off for a couple of years. In the past two years, after getting married, starting and finishing graduate school and now working a desk job, I've managed to gain back most of the weight I lost. So, here am I, starting over and seeking support and accountability. You can do this...we all can. And, from my experience, the first few days are the hardest. Once the scales start moving and I see the benefits of eating healthy and exercising, I can usually sustain my efforts.

So, again, welcome, and if you're looking for a buddy, let me know.
tarheelchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Welcome and best wishes with your goals!
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/205/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome To The Best Support Group You'll Ever Be A Part Of!!! Good Luck With All Your Weightloss Success!!! I Know You Can Do It!!! God Bless...
salina82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:23 AM   #9  
100% Commited Member

S/C/G: 362/317/140

Height: 5'3

Good luck!!
pink1gloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/255/150

hey hun, im new here too. just wanted to say glad to see you here. Diet pills wont help much if you are eating when youre not hungry. I LOVE food too, isnt it sad that something we need to live can kill us?!! Anyways I started with one small thing like cutting out soda or cut down first if a smaller step is needed. Then when you have that down try something else like buy healthy cereal not frosted flakes. then as time goes on and you keep adding new changes they seem more natural. Plus being on here will keep you from that "bored" snack. Good luck.
ariana419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/308/240

Height: 5'4"

Welcome...wishing you much success!
mready is offline   Reply With Quote