Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #1  

Default i'm kind of freaked out about this but ...here I am! :)

Hey everyone,

My name is kathy and i've been a lurker as they say on this forum for a quite a long time. But that was around before everything exploded and we didn't have so many new members coming in everyday help each other reach their goals, so hopefully this will still inspire you anyway!

It warms my heart and that's why I've feeling bad lately. I visited this forum so many times in the past without sharing my experience with you. I feel like I just take and take but something has opened my eyes recently about the power of community and I want to give back to yall for once. and there are 2 books that really opened my eyes but i'm sure we'll get to go over them later.

For now, who knows maybe this will help you in your life but I'm going to be a little selfish here and share my story right away, to see if it'll make me feel better first :-) i hope that's ok with you... if not then just delete this post if it offends anyone because that's the last thing i set out to do!!

But you should know I'd bet dollars to dounuts the touching story i read recently will help you to,o cause I balled my eyes out when I first got my hands on it (pg 15). Plus, the neat part is it was free and this is whaat gave me the inner courgage to go out ther and demand respect from BOTH myself and others and the power to be in charge of my own life again.

Anyway, before I talk about any of that I want to give you the chance to get to know me a little first. See the things is, I've been too embarrassed in the past to share any of this but in order to really convey this lesson to you i'll have to talk about some less than flattering things about me..

i know better than anyone else it's not easy being a 47 year old single mother who's trying to lose wight ...especially when you're tied up most of the time working as a nurse who's practically on call 24/7 and you're afraid your husband is going to leave you THE WHOLE TIME. And when you think about all the different ways to lose weight like boring cutting calories or hitting the gym it defintely can seem overwhelming, right?. So right now i just want to take a minute and let you know everything is going to be fine!!

How can I say this?

Because I know how you feel! Losing over 65 pounds of what felt like dead weight to me, to reach my target, it wasn't easy for me either and i sure had challenges of my own just like you probably do now. in fact, it took me over 8 and half years before i ever got serious and said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

i remember one day the most ...i got calld into the hospital after a HUGE FIGHT with the ex-hubby and i was in a terrible mood to say the least. I think I ran ever stop sign on the way to work and probably even a red light, but it was like one of those moments when you're so pissed you just zone out and shut off the outside world you know? (BAD KATHY)

Anyway, when i get there it turns out they made a mistake and they didn't even need me after all. But you want to know how long it took me to figure this out? OVER 90 MINUTES!

I was in the hallway waiting for so-and-so doctor (who'll go unnnamed) and every time i tried to get his attention he just IGNORED ME like I didn't even exist. he wouldn't even make eye contact with me but granted he *was* pretty busy.. that's true.

Either way, finally I grabbed his attention and he told me that he didn't even know what I was doing there! Basically he told me to get lost (this was a new Dr.) and he made me feel like I dind't even matter ...ooooh but you should have seen the way he treated the OTHER girls,

you know the young pretty ones who batt their eyes so innocently?... yeah wtv!!

So then I cried my eyes out on the way home. it was 4 in the morning, and when I get there I thought my husband had left for work.. but that's another story alltogether.

The point is, that was the night (or morning I guess) tha tI reached my breaking point. It was like I saw the world through new eyes, and my pain and suffering was simply too much for me to bear any more...

i didn't have a choice, it's almost like my brain forced me to take the steps at that point in my life. it didn't take the willpower any more, which is something i thought i needed and had been looking for my whole life.

So yeah, good news is... I lost dreaded weight that was stuck to my body from pregnancy for almost 9 years, in over a period of only 4-5 months and i was geniunely happy for a long time.

But that was 2 years ago, and I'm glad to say that while I've fluctuated up and down a little (who doesn't??) i've mananged to keep it off for hte most part just by making better eating and lifestyle choices and I think, if *I* can do then you certianly can too!

anyway...

Since then I've gone back up in weight a bit (i want to lose 25~ pounds or so) and that's the reason I'm here. But I don't want to seem like I'm here to toot my own horn or anything so I'll just leave it at that.

if anyone is interested i'm here to answer any questions and possibly make some new friends... lord knows I need someone to be around now that I'm raising my 2 kids on my own accord. but i still thank God everyday because lord also only knows what would happen to casey and lexy if they were in theyre fathers hands ...the *******! you know? haha...

xoxo,
Kathy

P.S. idk if it's my age (it prbably is) but I have a hard time figureing out how to use forums but it's my day off so im open to learning new things!! i cant wait

Last edited by kayHugsss; 05-08-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: shh this is only a test
kayHugsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote