Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #1  

Default Introducing myself

Hello! I am lilith and am really trying to get ahold of this weight. I had lost drastically last year. I lost 31 pounds in 30 days and went on to loose 15 more within a few months. I was on medication that made me sick LOL Anywhoo, I have now gained 18 pounds of that putting back over 200 pounds, which is an ugly thought. I can not get rid of this and I fear it will keep going. I was walking but stopped. I broke my foot and cant bear weight , so am just living in my pj's . My husband was my sabotager. He would fry foods when I hate fried food and never ate the stuff. I would be watching what I ate and he made double portions, brought home chocolates for me. When Ever I mention weight, he goes and buys garbage for me. So it is very hard for me . Tonight was pizza , now I tried cutting the piece in half and ordered thin crust but ate two pieces. I just found this sight and thought I would give it a try..Thanks you all for hearing me
lilithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #2  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lilith,

Welcome!! You've come to a wonderful / supportive place. I'm so sorry to hear about your medical issues...you poor thing.

As for the hubby...is he overweight or healthy? Does he eat healthy food at all, i.e. can you work on the weight loss together? It took some time for me to get my hubby on the bandwagon, but I think talking to your hubby will definitely help you.

Is there anyone nearby that can help with grocery shopping who could buy you healthy snacks? It just takes small steps. I lost 20 pounds just by eating better. Small changes do add up.

Good luck to you...keep strong and keep checking in here, there's so much great advice from women who have gone through similar situations.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #3  

Vicky, Thank you! Once my foot heals , I will be doing the shopping. Iam trying to get on a diet plan that I can live with. My husband is slim. He was a chubby child though as I was a slim child. We used to walk together but got out of the habit. I am going to start walking again , just as soon as my foot heals.

Last edited by lilithb; 05-04-2010 at 10:58 AM.
lilithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi lilithb and

Ouch! It sounds like you've had a rough road, but I see you have a plan. Once your foot heals, you will do the shopping. Perhaps when you start walking again you can get out with DH. As to the food DH is feeding you; I wonder if he's trying to comfort you the only way he knows how. ?? Hopefully, you can hang in there and minimize the damage until your foot gets better.

I'd suggest reading through the threads and posting here as much as possible. I really think it would help you to stay on track while your foot is mending.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote