Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #1  
Been there, done that!

S/C/G: 275/195/125

Height: 5"5

Default Nice to meet ya! Kinda long introduction...

Hello to all!! So glad I found this site...its helps to have the support of people that are going thru the same stuff!
I have been a life time dieter since I was a teenager..never really had it under control. I've had many moments in my life where a lost a ton of weight, but same old story, never really got a grip, and it all came back...again, and again, and again...etc...

So there I was in January of 2009 flying to NYC, and freaked out when the seatbelt on the plane would not fit! I refused to ask for an extender, suck in my gut, and made the damn thing fit! It was the most uncomfortable 2 1/2 hr ride of my life! Prior to this trip, I had given up on trying to lose weight. Serioulsy..I was done! I mean who cares?

I'm married to a wonderful man that actually really loves me and has never given me grief about my weight ( he is not over weight at all) his only concern is my health..I have a beautiful daughter who loves me, and hey, I LOVE TO EAT!! So I was done! Life is too short right? I even STOPPED weighing myself!

Actually, I stopped weighing myself because I was way to scared to get on that horrible scale thingy! But after that plane ride, and after seeing the pictures of myself in NYC (my fav place in the world) I was astounded. Who was this person?? What the **** was I doing to myself? So I figured a trip to the doctor was called for...you know, do things the right way...well they gotta weigh you, don't they? I laughed like a crazy person when the nurse annouced that my weight was 275lbs... WHAT?

No, no...do it again, let me take off these "heavy" dollar store flip-flops, cause that's gonna make a difference. Noooooo, still 275lbs. WOW! A mere 25lbs before I hit the big 300, like hitting the big 200 or the big 250 was mere child's play!!!

Then the doc starts his speeches..."your blood pressure is high", your cholesterol levels are high" (blah blah blah).."can you try to lose some weight??" REALLY DOC? TRY TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT?? Hmmmmmm, whats that? I've never tried that?

Ok, so this post is way too long. Bottom line, I started my "eating better plan" (not diet) on Feb 15th 2009. No quick fixes, no losing 60lbs in 3 months (done that, hey guess what? Weight comes back...imagine that) so I'm taking the long road FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE..I SWEAR..THE FIRST TIME ( I'm 44yrs old) and BAM! It's working?

Who woulda guessed that NOT depriving myself...CUTTING back...and EXCERSING just 30mins a day, 3 to 4 times a week, would actually WORK!!

I am now down to 195lb..its been goin a little slower lately...but I'm in no rush.My goal is 125 to 130lb and this WILL be achieved...hopfully by years end..and if not? IT'S OK.
LoriBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #2  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, LoriBlu! You came to the right place - this is a great site! Keep posting - it helps.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote