Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/217/144

Height: 5'6

Default Where to start? Oh yes, with the pies

Where to start.

Hello!!

Where to start.

I have been told all my life how much more beautiful, or successful, or
happier I could be if I shed some pound. Early October of last year, I was
finally feeling as though I would finally be able to stick to my goals and finally lose all the weight! That was until the beginning of there year, and I have gained the weight I lost, plus 10lbs. I just don't know where to go, or how to
fix this anymore. I start off so good in the morning and come home from a long day of work to fast food, tv and ice cream.

I don't know how to get back on that wagon. The more i think about how much I have gained, the more I eat. I just don't see no way out!

It is really nice to meet you all!!W
dontstopcmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #2  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi you've come to the right place, lots of great people on here to listen and help if you need it. Good luck with your goals, I hope you find the best way for you to lose the weight.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Hello & welcome to the board!

You came to the right place for tips and support. I completely understand how hard it is to stay on your meal plan after a long, hard, stressful day at work. You just have to prepare healthy meals that taste great!

Can you make your dinner the night before? On Sunday night, make your dinner for Monday night - that way you can just pop it in the microwave as soon as you get home and you're ready to eat! Start each dinner by munching on a nice, flavorful salad while your dinner is heating. Portion your food on your plate to follow your diet plan, and then immediately put the rest of the food away in the fridge. You'll be much less likely to sneak another serving or two if the food is already packed away and cold.

Just start making little changes and you will start to see the weight come off. If you stick to your plan, it WILL happen for you!
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

p.s. - I used to have the same problem: I would binge eat whenever I got upset or stressed. Some part of me actually thought that downing a bunch of carbs and bad-for-you foods would lift my mood and spirits. Now, after eating THE RIGHT WAY for 4 months, I don't even think about binging to make myself feel better. The other day I was particularly depressed and a friend of mine asked me "Do you want me to go buy you a cookie?" Without missing a beat, I said "No, gaining weight is not going to make me feel better." You just need to change the way you think about food!! GOOD LUCK!!
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote