Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5 8"

Default Step No. 1 - Start (Hello from a Newbie)

Ok, so I'm on the right path. A few days ago I decided to step on a scale. I think the first time in several months. Likely since Decemberish. I thought it was bad last time at 253 - then, 1 pound less than my highest ever. A pat on the back was had. I had it in the back of my head a thought about how that was pretty bad - but at least it wasn't my worst! Real healthy attitude.

So, about a month ago my hips felt like they were seizing up, and my knees started killing me - and EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING I ate started making me feel really awful. I could eat a yogurt and it felt like I'd done 3 rounds at Old Country Kitchen Buffet. I didn't have any warning signs, I went to full blown Alert Level Red.
The last time I felt like my body had gone on vacation and left me to limp along, was a couple of years ago - when I did hit 254. So, knowing this - I knew I had to face the music.

It was time for me to get on the scale and find out what was going on.
Three numbers were then burned in to my brain.
2 6 8
WTF?

268? What does that mean, is my scale broken? Did I set it wrong? Am I wearing a couple of bricks around my neck? How the **** did I get to 268?

Oh right...something about eating whatever, whenever and not moving around...

So here I am, at Step 1. I'm starting to make the changes that I need too. I'm exhausted from feeling sore and tired, gassy and uncomfortable and like a total blimped out failure. I'm tired of my friends trying to convince me that I'm worthwhile and to believe in myself. So I'm going to give myself something to believe in. I'm going to treat myself as I would treat a friend through this major life change.

I'll be leaning heavy on this forum for daily support and encouragement - even if it's directed at others. It will help me stay in the moment, because I think that's the key for me. Not the past - not what will be in the future, but in the mirror today. How I'm feeling right here, right now.

Thanks, if you're still reading this longwinded post.

Hayley

PS. I'm 39, Married to the sweetest but laziest husband evah! Addicted Scrapbooker, Animal Activist and Workaholic. Pleased to meet you.
hayleycreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Today is my day 1 as well!! Hopefully we can stick together with all the helpful advice on this site and we can accomplish our goals!!

I am sympathetic to the laziest husband thing...I got one of those too!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/167/147

Height: 5'6"

Hayley!!! You've inspired me! I found this forum only today; and I've been lurking around for an hour trying to figure out if this is a place that could help me (I'm woefully shy and not a typical joiner). And then I read your post and something clicked. So I'm going to follow your lead.

Me? I only step on scales at the doctor's office....had one a couple weeks ago and dang it...I had gained about 10 pounds in about 6 months. I had been feeling it; just generally feeling crummy and looking crummy and my clothes feeling tight and awful. But to see the number--what a shock. I'm a sugar fanatic, a stress eater, a compulsive eater and totally self-indulgent when it comes to food and satisfying cravings. I get great joy from sitting in front of the computer, reading my favorite blogs or working, and eating, eating, eating. I have a hard time walking near the kitchen without feeling that pull from in my chest that says I need to "snack." The worst I felt was a couple weeks ago when it wasn't somehow enough to have just one large bowl of La Bou's spicy thai chicken soup, but TWO bowls. Heck, I was in my car, drinking the soup from the container, so who would know?

At any rate; I'm starting today. My goal for tomorrow is to not eat a single thing in front of the computer.

Thanks for your post Hayley. You seriously made my day.

Janet

p.s. Yea MCMommy!! Glad to meet another 1st day gal.
LuvMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, (145/132/115) 5'3" 27yrs

well Im not new to the site but this is my first post ever. I get inspired and motivated from reading others posts but, I suppose its not fair that I never post anything.
I lost my first 5 lbs by going crazy on a spin bike a few months ago. Then I sort of just stalled for a while but didn't regain anything. A few weeks ago I decided to just start walking (spin bike no longer available since I moved from one island paradise to another). Every day except when its raining I walk for 1 hour and jog here and there..I never thought jogging would be that hard..I mean Im only 27 geesshh!!
So anyway, I suppose I dont have much to lose but, it sure is hard to lose it..Ive been dieting for years!! However, now I am exercising and dieting at the same time and I'm happy about it...doing it the right way now. My advice to anyone would be to get a weightloss buddy, read on, eat only the good stuff, and walk it off. 120's here I come.
foxyroxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! If *I* can do this, you definitely can!

You can do this, and I'm looking forward to seeing you about!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5 8"

OMG.. I just made this nice long post saying hi back to everyone, and talking about how great it is to have a new posse for here and when I hit send, I got an error message. GAH!

So again Ladies, thank you SO MUCH for saying hello! I hope that we can be buddies through this process and work together. It's such a hard trip to take alone.

So I'm here for you!!
hayleycreates is offline   Reply With Quote